Mobius App

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You would think they would out had this worked out before releasing it. At least make it compatible with both the ReefLink and Mobius. I bought three Gen 5 XR30's and we are Beta testing this crap while they take our money.

AlainD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have less problems if you used Mobius with a IPhone ?

slayertx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to know why mobius makes you turn on location service to work? I get bluetooth but location...why? Does ecotech just like seeing our phone batteries drain.

makscopes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the Ecotech MP10 because I was told that Mobius would be able to control it “any day now” and switched from another app to use the Mobius platform. That was months ago. Still no support for the Vortech and I’m wondering if I made an expensive mistake. Does anyone know when all of their newer products will be supported? I’m wondering if I should just go back to AI

Thomas Wieczorek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. Can we talk about how to work mobius to control xr15 g5? I'm having some trouble fully understanding the sceduals. After choosing a template the left side of the scedual confuses me. Point intensity vs scedual intensity. Anyone?

Thomas Wieczorek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have questions about the solid line vs the dotted line and blue points??? What is this??

20200429_185820.jpg

Thomas Wieczorek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And then theres the breaks in the day on the far left side. I kinda get it its different intensity possibilities...but an in depth explanation would help

20200429_185957.jpg

Thomas Wieczorek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one??? No one knows how to properly use the mobius app? How is this possible that no detailed instructions exist? I'm at work right now but I'll be calling ecotec today with a lineup of questions and I'll report back. Those lines breaking up the scedual are crazy. Why is there multiple night sections? It should be night, ramp up, day, ramp down, night. That's it maybe a couple different day parts if you wanna run different spectrums and or intensities during the day. But multiple night parts??? Maybe just ramp down, moon, lights off. But that's not the case in my screenshot. It's just confusing

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thomas- fwiw you posted your question last night at 7pm EST. We don't claim this forum to be a customer service forum and prefer to direct all customer support through our standard channels of email and phone (information listed below). That said, I personally like to chime in here regularly to help customers or just make a presence.

There are videos for Mobius operation on YouTube, please look through them to see if any of them help you out. If not feel free to call in.

To answer your questions above as best as I can:
The dotted line represents where your schedule is set to, the solid line represents what your lights are actually going to run at today.. So, if you run a schedule modifier such as the intensity slider or acclimation mode then you will have a solid line and a dotted line. in the case of acclimation, that solid line will eventually merge. If you don't run a modifier then you will only see one line.

The black dots are representative of the fact that there are multiple points close to one another on your schedule. We shrink the dots to allow you to touch either one, otherwise they would visually overlap on your screen.

To look through your schedule you can use the arrows to move left and right through the points.

All default templates start at zero, have a blue period, go to a max period, go back to a blue, and then have a moonrise and moonset. And all templates set your lights to 50% using the intensity slider by default so you don't accidentally nuke your coral. It looks like yours is a modified template, which is totally fine.

Let me know if this answered your questions but please remember that I can't commit to a time frame for a reply on this forum. If you need more immediate service then feel free to call in and we'd be happy to help

Thomas Wieczorek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please excuse me if I made it seem like I was expecting a answer from you specifically in a rush. I was just frustrated. I've searched youtube. Google. And r2r for instructions that explain Everything about controlling the g5 lights with mobius and I've found none exist. There are a couple videos that explain mobius as an app and what's its capable of, but I could not find instructionson how to control the lights in detail. Besides you telling me right now that the template runs a blue. Max then back to blue that information is not out. Why not make a video for youtube just like you did for the cracked lower cases? It would be very very helpful. The only things I changed in the template is I added 15% clouds and storm. Lowered the scedual to 36% and I'm in acclamation mode. Thank your for answering some of my questions Tim, but an in detail video would help. Is one in the works?

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree about the videos and we are working hard on more and more. I was given a date of next week for delivery of new G5/Mobius videos on YouTube.

slayertx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to pipe in and say. When I had to call ecotech for a rma, Tim answered the phone. Given the last month, that's a pretty huge deal. trying to launch a new product during this had to be a nightmare. Is everything perfect...No... however I have faith they are gonna release a new app update (unlike some manufacturers- looking at you kessil). Along with videos explaining everything. I to am looking for definite answers on certain things but I'm being patient.

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can assure you that our goal is for the Mobius platform to be so well documented, effortless, capable and outfitted with products and features that it will become the paradigm for aquarium control.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can assure you that our goal is for the Mobius platform to be so well documented, effortless, capable and outfitted with products and features that it will become the paradigm for aquarium control.
Ok thanks, I got through to support and fixed my problem

Wolskinyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have problem with this versa. Before was leaking now is no responding. I can’t change anything on my schedule. So I was thinking I will remove one versa and add again so now I can’t connect this pump. Please help did somebody have this problem.
I start really don’t like the mobius app

1955F5AF-640D-4012-9748-8A829A1D7F72.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back