Mobius is Terrible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's 2021 and this app can only control lights/pumps locally.

The presets don't seem to apply to the pump schedules the same way they do with the lights. They all offer constant mode with no variation.

Reefers are a collaborative bunch and love helping each other. This app doesn't have any type of feature to import other user's setting for lighting or pumps.

What's the point of the various icons on the landing page? Disco Mode, Thunderstorm, Live Demo, Color Cycle are all great ways to terrify your aquatic animals if you're into that.

The UI is so poorly designed and honestly I don't think it could be any more confusing, difficult to navigate, and frustrating to interact with.

Neilie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The presets don't seem to apply to the pump schedules the same way they do with the lights. They all offer constant mode with no variation.

Reefers are a collaborative bunch and love helping each other. This app doesn't have any type of feature to import other user's setting for lighting or pumps.

What's the point of the various icons on the landing page? Disco Mode, Thunderstorm, Live Demo, Color Cycle are all great ways to terrify your aquatic animals if you're into that.

The UI is so poorly designed and honestly I don't think it could be any more confusing, difficult to navigate, and frustrating to interact with.
Totally agree, can’t make any changes or check the status unless you’re near the tank.

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Non-local control via the internet is supposedly coming later this year. Agree on the useless features and lack of importing of user schedules, both are annoying.

I had a reef link controlling my Radions before Mobius and found it to be more useful. Hate when things take a step back in functionality.

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI lights used to be able to be controlled via WiFi until ecotech bought them. I used to mess with the WiFi back in the day when she was home alone and play with the light settings.

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

go back to reef link

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use Mobius to control 3 gen 5 pros and 2 gen 4 pro radion lights. It works fine for me. Once in a while if anyone of them is unresponsive, I just power cycle them and it starts to respond fine. Other than that setting the SPS AB setting is a breeze (especially compared to what I had to go through ATI with power module). Only other thing I change is once in a while throw some blue only for visitors…works fine. Happy camper here.

sam

Last edited:

Dedicated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Agreed

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

So is the company that makes them !!

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Mobius to control 3 gen 5 pros and 2 gen 4 pro radion lights. It works fine for me. Once in a while if anyone of them is unresponsive, I just power cycle them and it starts to respond fine. Other than that setting the SPS AB setting is a breeze (especially compared to what I had to go through ATI with power module). Only other thing I change is once in a while throw some blue only for visitors…works fine. Happy camper here.

sam
Generally agree, app works fine for me. WiFi would be nice but generally speaking if I’m making changes to my lighting I want to do it while looking at the tank so BT kinda makes sense. One simple thing I’d like to see is for Mobius to display the lighting schedule you are running. Sometimes I play around with several schedules and I’m not sure which is which after a while and which one I have running.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s 2021…
Iphone GIF by EE

but reefing hobby still be like…
Snake Cell Phone GIF

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no issue with Mobius and WiFi will be available. I am currently using Mobius WiFi and it speeds up Mobius.

SFREEF3R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally agree, app works fine for me. WiFi would be nice but generally speaking if I’m making changes to my lighting I want to do it while looking at the tank so BT kinda makes sense. One simple thing I’d like to see is for Mobius to display the lighting schedule you are running. Sometimes I play around with several schedules and I’m not sure which is which after a while and which one I have running.
Is there a way to have multiple schedules? I haven’t been able to find a way to store and toggle between different settings

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to have multiple schedules? I haven’t been able to find a way to store and toggle between different settings
Yes, you can make changes to your settings and then save it as a new schedule. But that raises another issue. I don't think there is an easier way to simply load up/edit a schedule without having to do select templates, choose the sunrise/sunset, then choose the template and then activate and then edit. You should be able to just load a previously saved schedule and that schedule should have the ability to save the sunrise/sunset. Maybe that will come with the wifi capabilities. A lot of these reef companies, regardless of the product, need to hire a strong Tech design/dev group. Sometimes these apps feel like they've ben developed by some kid in his mom's basement.

SFREEF3R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can make changes to your settings and then save it as a new schedule. But that raises another issue. I don't think there is an easier way to simply load up/edit a schedule without having to do select templates, choose the sunrise/sunset, then choose the template and then activate and then edit. You should be able to just load a previously saved schedule and that schedule should have the ability to save the sunrise/sunset. Maybe that will come with the wifi capabilities. A lot of these reef companies, regardless of the product, need to hire a strong Tech design/dev group. Sometimes these apps feel like they've ben developed by some kid in his mom's basement.
I don’t want to lose my current schedule so have been nervous to try. I have moon periods defined as well. I’m not clear how everything will get messed up if I have to put in sunrise/sunset to import. Does it require readjusting? It does seem very silly you can’t just export the settings and import the settings exactly as they are.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back