Mobius is Terrible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered reef breeders to replace my G5s. Yep.. Mobius is awful. On another tank I have I'm running 3 maxspect jumps and that app for lights that cost 1/2 the price works flawlessly. I'll never buy an ecotech product again. Hype and marketing fooled me once..

LSU-reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem with my Radion G5's to the point I got rid of them.....I bought some other lights and didn't like them as much so went back to the G6's. I saw another post on here recommending putting the lights on a tank by themselves in the Mobius app and that seemed to have helped. Fingers crossed I have not had connectivity issues so far.

But generally, I would agree that for the cost of these lights Ecotech would improve the connectivity issues around the app. that being said having switched to another LED setup I do like the Radion light output better.

ShawnS1974

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been having issues as well with Mobius. I wasn’t able to load any new gear into the app, or control any of the other gear except my lights. I finally just removed the WI-FI and returned back to Bluetooth. I can connect, but have to grab each unit individually. Pain in the butt, but still have some control. Not sure if this might help.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been having issues as well with Mobius. I wasn’t able to load any new gear into the app, or control any of the other gear except my lights. I finally just removed the WI-FI and returned back to Bluetooth. I can connect, but have to grab each unit individually. Pain in the butt, but still have some control. Not sure if this might help.
Can you explain what you mean by removed the WIFI?

Mobius is bluetooth only - unless you are part of the wifi BETA programme - In that case, youve come off the BETA because it sbeen that bad i take it?

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s happening soon
Haha yeah, for another $100 at least. These should be given out to anyone that has an apex and a mobius device for free.
Here you go, just spend some more money to make our buggy products actually work... oh and be happy and excited to spend that extra money too.
Great solution...

ShawnS1974

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you explain what you mean by removed the WIFI?

Mobius is bluetooth only - unless you are part of the wifi BETA programme - In that case, youve come off the BETA because it sbeen that bad i take it?
I was part of the BETA program, and it wasn’t great. I had more issue with customer service than anything. It felt like going in circles and I think the reps unfortunately knew there were issues but couldn’t say it.
I love my Ecotech stuff, but this was making it difficult. My router was within 10’ of the system and I couldn’t connect. Since I dropped back down to BT. only, I can at least connect to each unit individually. That’s 2x XR30’s, 2x MP40’s, 2x Versa single units and my L1.
I keep telling myself with so many household items going WI-FI, things are going to fail. But for the money spent on each unit….

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was part of the BETA program, and it wasn’t great. I had more issue with customer service than anything. It felt like going in circles and I think the reps unfortunately knew there were issues but couldn’t say it.
I love my Ecotech stuff, but this was making it difficult. My router was within 10’ of the system and I couldn’t connect. Since I dropped back down to BT. only, I can at least connect to each unit individually. That’s 2x XR30’s, 2x MP40’s, 2x Versa single units and my L1.
I keep telling myself with so many household items going WI-FI, things are going to fail. But for the money spent on each unit….
How many devices you have on wifi shouldn’t be an issue.
When every other IOT manufacturer can make a product that connects to wifi and doesn’t drop constantly, then ETM shouldn’t have an issue either. their new system is just garbage.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate that - Thats good to know - No wonder they havent rolled it out fully yet.

Think everyone is hoping wifi stops half the connectivity issues they are having but it doesnt sound like it will.

RaisingKane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to know why the clock in the app loses time consistently. Its anywhere from 2-12 hours off and my schedules are always off. Super frustrating when you are trying to create consistency.

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to know why the clock in the app loses time consistently. Its anywhere from 2-12 hours off and my schedules are always off. Super frustrating when you are trying to create consistency.
Same here. My clock runs fast, negating any kind of dosing schedule. I brought up the clock issue with tech support and they chose to replace my versa, knowing there are issues with the app itself! Talk about a waste of resources! They say they’re working on it but I’m sure they say this to everyone

RaisingKane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RaisingKane do you know how to reset the clock? It’s annoying but at least it can be done
Yes! Thank you. I do know how to reset it. Its just really annoying. Typically I figure out its on the wrong time in the middle of the night when the pump is in a transport mode or lagoon. LOL

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine decided to turned and stayed on in the middle of the night where supposed to be OFF. I had to removed all 6 lights then reinstalled them, again. Hopefully this will work for now because I am going back to Reeflink even though I have to manually add them to ecosmartlive since mine can’t wirelessly added SMH.

WHAT A point of sale!!!!!!!!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back