mon petit océan

Brynn

Brynn rhymes with Gwynn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! This is my first tank build. I'm an art therspist for hospice, and a wannabe writer, so this will be a modest budget attempt. I appreciate all compliments, constructive criticism, and advice. So I hope you'll follow my journey. The more the merrier.

Skip to page 3.

Last edited:

SaltySteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to seeing your tank, welcome! It's tough to drop the amount of cash it can take, but it's definitely worth it. The amount of time I've had to relax and focus on my aquariums is therapeutic if nothing else, it always has more than paid for itself!

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see you jumping in! Not a cheap hobby but I can sit and stare at my tank all day! Not good for productiveness but good for the mind <g>. So tell us what you've got and where you're at with it

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on pics. A true before shot. I put up pics from picking up tank through cleaning it etc. I look at my build thread as my journey/diary. maybe too much detail for others but it suits me.

OP
OP
Brynn

Brynn

Brynn rhymes with Gwynn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My putty/cement is three days late. So I havent started yet, lol. Thank you all for the welcome.

I have a ADA 90 cm garden cube. About 49 gallons. It was a gift for aquascsping. However, I'm converting! Like many of you this is a childhood dream come true. I've wanted to do this since I was little. I was in love with everything about this tank until I started the Show Me Your Hardscape Thread
Now less so. Night! :)

***This tank has not been drilled yet so fingers crossed.

Screenshot_20180208-011420.png

IMG_20180208_080314.jpg

Last edited:

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no doubt you'll come up with something awesome. Just take your time. Order your rocks, make a "template" of cardboard and tape the dimensions of your tank--as you've seen in that other thread and then play. Leave room all around for access--3 inches or so. I used the siphon tube from the water changing kit to be sure I could get it all around. Couple places I'm tight so will use turkey baster to blast sand. Don't envy you drilling. That would scare me!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, I found this interesting web based aquascaping site.

http://www.2noodles.com/tank/organizer.html

You can select "Sign in as Guest" at the bottom and it takes you right to it. It is a Flash program, so it only worked on my desktop, not my iPhone. It is for freshwater planted aquariums, but if you use your imagination it is fairly useful to visualize ideas. It offers rock and other shapes in a 3D space. It reminds me of Colorforms, but in 3D.

OP
OP
Brynn

Brynn

Brynn rhymes with Gwynn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no doubt you'll come up with something awesome. Just take your time. Order your rocks, make a "template" of cardboard and tape the dimensions of your tank--as you've seen in that other thread and then play. Leave room all around for access--3 inches or so. I used the siphon tube from the water changing kit to be sure I could get it all around. Couple places I'm tight so will use turkey baster to blast sand. Don't envy you drilling. That would scare me!

I have 57 pounds of reefsaver. I bought the gyre by marineland. Probably, will be my biggest splurge equipment wise. I don't want to worry about dead zones. Heck no I'm not doing the drilling. I'll most likely be taking good a shot, and/or saying a pray.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back