Money Pit

SnakeBlitz33

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2014
Messages
131
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I look at how much I invested into the hobby - in terms of equipment, live stock, and monthly maintenance, not to mention spending hours upon hours researching and reading about the hobby, I get sick. Anyone else feel like this is a money pit at times? What makes you stay with the hobby? What makes you decide to get out?

I'm thinking about getting out soon, but want to justify it.
 
I hate to say this, but it is a money pit. I have spent so much money in this hobby

With that being said, I love my fish tank. I wanted a saltwater tank for so long before I got one that I would really hate to have to give it up one day

Hopefully I will be able to do this until I'm too old to keep it up

Thanks
Randy
 
It's a money pit but so are a lot of other hobbies. I try not to think of how much I've already spent on my tanks. I look at it as therapy bc I still find it relaxing and interesting. I'll get out when I no longer have time to enjoy it or I get bored with it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new