Monti cap help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jhoussock
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jhoussock

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2018
Messages
125
Reaction score
47
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i put this monti on the top of a live rock about four weeks ago in my reefer250 and the sucker really took off. The darker lumpy center is about a year old and the lighter edges is the new growth (about four weeks). Last night I noticed the white spot/crater. I’m usually pretty good about noticing things like this so it’s either growing fast or it happened all at once. I’m pretty sure I saw a hermit crab hanging out up there the other night...is this just an injured spot I should keep an eye on or is it something I need to treat in someway? Forgive me if this is a stupid question I’m pretty new to all this and this is my first issue with my coral
Lighting is tuna blue kessil
Salinity 34ppm (apex and refractometer measured)
Calc and alk normal (Hannah checkers) 450 and 9dkh

73DE3A0B-273E-47BB-9F73-83E10271EF42.jpeg
 
The picture isn’t very clear and looks like a growth but in real life it’s more of a crater that is con-caved into the Coral not bumped outward
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new