Montipora Black Bugs

Wunderboiy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all - has anyone ever ran into little black bugs on plating montipora? A couple months back I noticed that the center of my monti was fading, but couldn’t figure out why. I recently turned off blue lights and saw these tiny black bugs. From what I’ve initially read, it sounds like they are hard to get rid of and interceptor seems to be treatment of choice.

Appreciate any insight anyone has here!

IMG_3062.jpg

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Not good. Dip it ASAP.
Not sure if black bugs eat montipora or not but its possible. I had black bugs years ago but it was my acropora they went after.

OP
OP
W

Wunderboiy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Not good. Dip it ASAP.
Not sure if black bugs eat montipora or not but its possible. I had black bugs years ago but it was my acropora they went after.
What did / method did you use to rid of them? I'm doing a bayer dip on it right now.

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black bugs can be taken care of with the same interceptor treatment used for red bugs.

OP
OP
W

Wunderboiy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started with a targeted treatment w/ Bayer on the montipora itself and it seems to have worked. I'll monitor / dip a few more times over the coming weeks to see if that gets rid of it before having to go the interceptor route

Back