montipora frags bleached

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jvesche20
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2018
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
1,640
Location
Pompano Beach, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 25 gal frag tank that was full of 6 or 7 montipora frags. I've had some of the frags growing since February. Recently they all started to bleach. It doesn't make sense to me because I have my frag and my DT all linked together so I dont see why my DT is doing fine. I have mainly sps in my DT. I havent been doing anything different. Been dosing everyday maintaining 9dkh and 420 calcium. Phosphates are .08ppm. I have a powerhead and a kessil 360 tuna blue. I have no idea what the problem is or what to do.
 
Take a very close look at the undersides of the corals for Montipora specific nudibranch....
I don’t think there’s anything. Few bristle worms and one that I’m not sure what it is. I circled it. It’s hard to see because it’s so small

64B8401C-E041-4A73-9DFA-E49FF2C30877.jpeg


C6CFFABB-0AED-4B0E-A407-3F407A456F2E.jpeg


4FB02DAD-B791-4A36-B1CD-26F1619019CD.jpeg


C2925133-C6A1-4943-B9B0-E5D4B643A8ED.jpeg
 
They’re hard to see, even harder in pics. I had a short experience with them, exact issue you had. I thought it was a nutrient issue, since i had been fighting to keep my phosphates and nitrates up.

This post and it’s pics help me identify them. It pained me to do it, but I fragged all of my monti to small frags. Used new frag plugs, I covered anything that wasn’t healthy tissue with glue, and now keep a six line in the frag tank.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/advice-fighting-montipora-eating-nudibranches.204751/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new