Montipora help!

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The a80 was at 100, the radion is currently set at 45%, outputting 31% max

OK, the Radion is still putting out considerably more PAR than you were getting from the A80. You can reduce the Radion to 30% vice 45% and see how the monitporas react. I wouldnt continue moving them, set them where you want (within reason) and see how they respond.

OP
OP
AWildZacR

AWildZacR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll give it a shot. I will say though, that this Jedi mind trick was not in the tank with the kessil a80. The only lighting change he has ever seen is the 3% increase

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll give it a shot. I will say though, that this Jedi mind trick was not in the tank with the kessil a80. The only lighting change he has ever seen is the 3% increase
Understood but the other montipora has progressively gotten worse and none of your other corals showed a negative response, correct?

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just put the coral in a nice spot with flow and leave it alone. As I stated before your dkh is fine. I keep min in the low 8 high 7's with no issues. Maybe when you dipped the coral you nuked it more than it liked. I have had this happen before. Nothing you can do about it, except set it and forget it and hopefully it recovers. If it stabilizes after a couple months and you feel its not responding to the conditions you put it in. Then you can find a new spot in the aquarium to try it out. Keep it stable for now and let it recover

OP
OP
AWildZacR

AWildZacR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! It's been two(ish) weeks since I started this form and took your suggestions Into account. I switched to a two-part calc/alk(fusion) dosing system and have been keeping my parameters as follows:
Salinity 1.026
Calc 380-420
Alk 8-9
(Raised) nitrates around 5ppm
0 phos/ammonia
The Jedi mind trick is now extending its beautiful red polyps and the sunset has stopped bleaching and regained it's color. I appreciate all the suggestions and help! I also reduced light intensity by 10%

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had an issue with my xr15 g4 where I went to increase the intensity from 70 to 75. I started noticing some bleaching and unhappy corals. So I checked the light program and somehow it was at 100%..... not sure how I messed that up.

Anyway the only coral in the tank that looked as good if not better after 4 weeks was my orange monti cap, it really intensified the orange coloring.

Not saying it is your light but I would double check the settings.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 47 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back