Montipora help!

Discussion in 'Soft Coral Discussion' started by AWildZacR, Feb 6, 2018.

1. madweazl

madweazl Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

OK, the Radion is still putting out considerably more PAR than you were getting from the A80. You can reduce the Radion to 30% vice 45% and see how the monitporas react. I wouldnt continue moving them, set them where you want (within reason) and see how they respond.

2. AWildZacR

AWildZacR Member

I'll give it a shot. I will say though, that this Jedi mind trick was not in the tank with the kessil a80. The only lighting change he has ever seen is the 3% increase

3. madweazl

madweazl Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Understood but the other montipora has progressively gotten worse and none of your other corals showed a negative response, correct?

4. AWildZacR

AWildZacR Member

Yes

5. mtraylor

mtraylor Valuable Member

I would just put the coral in a nice spot with flow and leave it alone. As I stated before your dkh is fine. I keep min in the low 8 high 7's with no issues. Maybe when you dipped the coral you nuked it more than it liked. I have had this happen before. Nothing you can do about it, except set it and forget it and hopefully it recovers. If it stabilizes after a couple months and you feel its not responding to the conditions you put it in. Then you can find a new spot in the aquarium to try it out. Keep it stable for now and let it recover

DSC reef likes this.
  6. AWildZacR

AWildZacR Member

Hey all! It's been two(ish) weeks since I started this form and took your suggestions Into account. I switched to a two-part calc/alk(fusion) dosing system and have been keeping my parameters as follows:
    Salinity 1.026
    Calc 380-420
    Alk 8-9
    (Raised) nitrates around 5ppm
    0 phos/ammonia
    The Jedi mind trick is now extending its beautiful red polyps and the sunset has stopped bleaching and regained it's color. I appreciate all the suggestions and help! I also reduced light intensity by 10%

DSC reef, mtraylor and madweazl like this.
  7. mtraylor

mtraylor Valuable Member

Very nice to see things went well. Thank you for update.

DSC reef likes this.
  8. John3

John3 Active Member

I recently had an issue with my xr15 g4 where I went to increase the intensity from 70 to 75. I started noticing some bleaching and unhappy corals. So I checked the light program and somehow it was at 100%..... not sure how I messed that up.

Anyway the only coral in the tank that looked as good if not better after 4 weeks was my orange monti cap, it really intensified the orange coloring.

Not saying it is your light but I would double check the settings.

9. John3

John3 Active Member

Oops, glad to see you got this worked out.

Draft saved Draft deleted