Montipora (i think) white fuzz)

PhamousPhish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
194
Reaction score
54
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this is think montipora and I was putting it on a frag and had to glue it broke in two so glued it together. (May have put too much glue)
But now after a week or two it seems to be growing this white fuzzy stuff on it and getting slightly brown on top. Looks like ice slush...should I remove this what is it? Is this dangerous to my tank? What should I do?

20260130_210754.jpg 20260130_210749.jpg 20260130_210743.jpg 20260130_210731.jpg
 
Probably Just a type of algae or bacteria growing on the glue. I doubt it will hurt anything. That type of monti is usually pretty hardy so hopefully it will take off. I've glued mine down by adding superglue to the bottom side but I'm not sure if it will encrust over rhe superglue like acros will or not.
 
Should I take it out and gently scrape it off as it looks pretty thick and I dont want it to spread if it is bacteria or algae....
 
The site in question is that large central white area, or is that the glue? I was also thinking what the first poster had suggested, where if that is the glue, then it is likely some algae growing on top of that. You wouldn't have to take it out and scrape it. Keep strong flow in the tank around it.
 
I would leave it alone, as mentioned it is just biofilm or algae growing on the glue, its ineveitable, so no point to take the coral out the tank to clean it, it will just come back. Once you place a coral, try not to ever touch it again, every time you touch it you slow down the acclimation to your tank. Montipora likes good light and strong flow.
 
The site in question is that large central white area, or is that the glue? I was also thinking what the first poster had suggested, where if that is the glue, then it is likely some algae growing on top of that. You wouldn't have to take it out and scrape it. Keep strong flow in the tank around it.
Yes alllll tbat white area is in question
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new