Montis look better, some acros RTN

kevensquint

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2014
Messages
415
Reaction score
153
Location
montreal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had 1 DKH alk swings for a week while I tried to correct for a BM 3 doser overdosing intermittently my Alk. That is stable now. At the same time I dose potassium as needed by a reputable test kit. However I did get a new kit of the same brand when testing side by side with my old kit the old one I was using to determine needed K buffer showed 340ppm while the new kit showed 450ppm. The RTN has slowed with control of Alk, 2 WC's and no additives since the loss of control 2 weeks ago. That said the tissue of the acros that are ok is odd. Like the normal color but with a tint of grey. The montis look very good , better than before. I sent a triton test on the day of first Acro issues, no results yet. So with great monti colors, bad acro colors +RTN what is likely the culprit here?
 
Discontinue dosing any buffer. Buffers will through your alkalinity out of wack.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new