moonshiners liquid mud

  • Thread starter Thread starter maxwell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
There are countless tanks that don’t use “mud” that are just as nice. So again, the simple question is, what is the “mud” doing?. You said your mud was depleted and needed to be refreshed. Why? What is the indicator?

And that same comment applies to any husbandry technique used in any tank, good or bad. One cannot know from one or more tank examples whether a procedure is helping that tank, hurting it, or doing nothing at all.

It’s a primary reason that showing tanks as an example of one particular thing is just not very useful.

What it is useful for is knowing that if you did everything the same as that tank, you are likely to get similar results. Picking and choosing aspects to consider, not so much.
 
I accidentally received a couple of the bottles of mud when I ordered some fluoride and an ICP. Andre didn’t want them back, so I decided to use them. Short of putting my tank in a stock tank pending my new tank being ready, the only difference I have done is mud. I can’t tell the difference. I was shocked that within 2 weeks the tub was covered in coralline. I doubt that has anything to do with mud though. I’m glad I got to sample it for free. It won’t be on auto replenishment, that’s for sure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new