MOP has two different color polyps??

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a MOP frag from what the heck about a year ago. After a little while in my tank it's cool glowing blue polyps all turned green (it still looks awesome). Well, I was looking at it today and some of the polyps are green and some are growing in that cool glowing blue color. Anybody experience this as well?

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine r blue and it's the best pice in my tank !!! U guys got pics ??? I just got wow factor acro and looks similar but polyps look white

OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try to get some pics tonight, it is difficult to get a picture of because it sits directly under my halide and my camera does not like that amount of light. The newer polyps on the branches are definitely blue while the older polyps near the center and base are green...

SoCaliReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try to get some pics tonight, it is difficult to get a picture of because it sits directly under my halide and my camera does not like that amount of light. The newer polyps on the branches are definitely blue while the older polyps near the center and base are green...

Sweet, I would like to see a pic of this acro! Its on my list..

Spsfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya but not the polops I had this one do it it was a real bright blueish purple an now it's turning green

Attachments

• IMAG0259.jpg
    IMAG0259.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 167

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a MOP frag from what the heck about a year ago. After a little while in my tank it's cool glowing blue polyps all turned green (it still looks awesome). Well, I was looking at it today and some of the polyps are green and some are growing in that cool glowing blue color. Anybody experience this as well?

Ya but not the polops I had this one do it it was a real bright blueish purple an now it's turning green

Check you phosphates and nitrates.

OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check you phosphates and nitrates.

Nitrates are almost undetectable as always, phosphates undetectable last time I used my buddies hanna checker.

Here is a couple pics of this thing, it is hard to take a picture of it because my camera is not amazing and it is directly under my Halide, which the camera does not like. The polyps that are not green are blue though, particularly the ones on the branches towards the ends. These pics were taken under 250w 15k xm halides using two different camera settings, one for under daylight colored lights and one where it adjusts the blue balance automatically. Neither of them capture the intensity of the colors and you have to look hard to see the blue in the polyps on the branches but in person it is easy to see.

MOP01.jpg

MOP02.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%

Back