Most Interesting Fish To Watch (not just prettiest) for smaller (45 gallon) tanks

BringingThatDottyback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after re-reading this thread I am at the following mix. My kids talked me into a pair of Percula's, but man they have gotten fancier in the past decade. I picked up a pair of fancy true Perculas that are in the tank and have been doing great (atleast for the past few days that I've had them). In Mid-February I should be looking at the next batch of fish assuming all is going well. Based off of this thread I am looking at the following mix/stocking for my 45.

2 Picasso Percula Clowns (Already happy in tank).
1 Pink Streaked Wrasse (instead of a 6 line)
1 Springeri Dottyback (a "nice" dottyback)
1 Tailspot Blenny
1 Fire shrimp

Still debating on the pistol/watchman goby pair OR a yellow/green clown goby (only 1).

Does this seem like a happy mix? I would like a tank of happy rainbows and sunshine that is fun and entertaining to watch (not just pretty)?

Do any of these need to be added before the others?
Put the dottyback in last. I have a springeri and it's pretty peaceful. But it's bit me once or twice and if a fish it's size or smaller gets added with a similiar shape it will beat on it for a few days.

OP
OP
tablesalt

tablesalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm... I'm going back and forth between the Barnacle Blenny and the Tailspot Blenny. Does anyone know if they play nice together? The barnacle Blenny's are pretty small. I'm debating putting in a small cluster of barnacles and adding a barnacle Blenny or 2. I understand they pretty much hang out in the barnacles if they are available and dart out into open water to feed occasionally.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm... I'm going back and forth between the Barnacle Blenny and the Tailspot Blenny. Does anyone know if they play nice together? The barnacle Blenny's are pretty small. I'm debating putting in a small cluster of barnacles and adding a barnacle Blenny or 2. I understand they pretty much hang out in the barnacles if they are available and dart out into open water to feed occasionally.
If the barnacle blennies are in there first and there is enough cover, they can coexist.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Midas blenny, having been in his new display for less than two weeks, is already the star of the tank.

Dom274

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only bad part about them is they need cooler waters to thrive for long periods of time (69-72F)

You know, I have 2 in my 55 and I completely forgot about this until you mentioned it. I've only had my current 2 for 6 months or so, but they seem just fine (Tank at 76 +- 1F currently). I thought my previous one was just fine too for over a year till he jumped out - And my tank get hot in the summer - I've hit 82+ more times than I would like to admit.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back