Moving rodi system

Hilltopreef90

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2021
Messages
722
Reaction score
199
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My system
Is currently set up under my sink and I’m wanting to move it to my laundry room. What will I need to do to prevent leaks from the connection running from my sink plumbing where the saddle clamp and other tube ran from the water and out to waste? Once I remove the tubing won’t the water leak out at those areas ?
 
My system
Is currently set up under my sink and I’m wanting to move it to my laundry room. What will I need to do to prevent leaks from the connection running from my sink plumbing where the saddle clamp and other tube ran from the water and out to waste? Once I remove the tubing won’t the water leak out at those areas ?
Yes.
The right way would be to replace the pipe

the cheap way would be to leave the saddle and close it all the way

the hillbilly way is to remove the saddle and grab some flex seal.

deliverance GIF
 
My system
Is currently set up under my sink and I’m wanting to move it to my laundry room. What will I need to do to prevent leaks from the connection running from my sink plumbing where the saddle clamp and other tube ran from the water and out to waste? Once I remove the tubing won’t the water leak out at those areas ?
Or you could find a cap for the threads
 
Out of curiosity, why don’t you want to use the plastic wrench, it is literally the only use for that tool
I’ve always had a horrible time getting the canisters loose when changing filters, I thought maybe another type of wrench would work better
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new