Moving toadstool

Uptowngirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wanting to re-scape my tank and I have a big toadstool that I want to move onto a smaller rock. I’ve fragged him before from the tips but I was wondering how I could go about moving him onto a different rock. Should I just cut the whole base of the rock it is currently on and super glue it onto the new rock?
AB8F807C-BE8F-42D4-8292-9393EBAF4C12.jpeg

The rock it is on is probably too big for the tank and covered in Xenia, I just want to get rid of that whole rock but keep my toadstool. Any advice?

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wanting to re-scape my tank and I have a big toadstool that I want to move onto a smaller rock. I’ve fragged him before from the tips but I was wondering how I could go about moving him onto a different rock. Should I just cut the whole base of the rock it is currently on and super glue it onto the new rock?
AB8F807C-BE8F-42D4-8292-9393EBAF4C12.jpeg

The rock it is on is probably too big for the tank and covered in Xenia, I just want to get rid of that whole rock but keep my toadstool. Any advice?

Personally if the goal is to remove the whole rock anyway, I'd remove the rock and attempt to chisel off the part/chunk the toadstool is on with masonry chisels and a hammer, or you can substitute the masonry chisels for a flathead screwdriver you dont care about marring up.

I'd try that before doing any slicing.

just my .02

clm65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally if the goal is to remove the whole rock anyway, I'd remove the rock and attempt to chisel off the part/chunk the toadstool is on with masonry chisels and a hammer, or you can substitute the masonry chisels for a flathead screwdriver you dont care about marring up.

just my .02
This sounds like good advice. You can probably drill a line of holes with a masonry bit to influence where the break will be, and then hit it with the chisel/screwdriver.

OP
OP
Uptowngirl

Uptowngirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

just my .02
Excellent idea, I didn’t even thing about that. I’ll be trying that this afternoon

OP
OP
Uptowngirl

Uptowngirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i slowly chipped the rock away until a section broke off, but the base of the toadstool tore a little bit. It’s pretty shriveled up right now, I hope it is alright.

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there anything Like mine were it’ll be fine, those things are tough.

On a side note, great looking tank! I wish soft coral tanks were more popular i love the look of them..

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And let me know if you want to sell any frags. I’d really love to have some of that

OP
OP
Uptowngirl

Uptowngirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E13FDB83-F264-4C10-AF3A-85F7D93F9EAB.jpeg

It’s looking better today. It was very shriveled up the other day but now looks like it’s trying to come towards the light

And let me know if you want to sell any frags. I’d really love to have some of that

Are you in Ohio? Right now I’m not set up to ship but you are welcome to come pick some up. I’ve got several right now

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back