MP40 difference Anti-Sync and Ecosmart Back

christian.f

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a pair of Vortech MP40, placed one opposite to the other;
with mobius app, I set them as master and slave with child program and tidal swell mode, but I didn't understand what is the difference between Anti-Sync and Ecosmart Back.
Can someone explain, please? Thank You :)

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never understood ecoback, so I've never used it.

As far as antisync, it's just that. While one is ramping up the other will be ramping down. The slave will run the exact opposite of the master.

So for example if you have the master ramping up to say 50%, your slave will be ramping down from that 50%. Then vice versus.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecosmart back is for a tank that has more than 2 pumps with some on each end and the back as well.
TidalSwellModeDiagram_inline.jpg

a representation of 3 pumps varying power over time in an ecosmart mode.

From the manual
The most important thing to remember is that when using EcoSmart modes, you assign slave pump modes based specifically on where they are positioned. If a pump is placed opposite the master pump, it goes in the orange mode. If it is placed on the same side as the master, it goes in the white mode. If the pump is placed on the back side of the tank, it goes in the turquoise mode.

With Mobius the colors have been replaced with names.

unless things have changed there are 2 ecosmart modes

Tidal Swell mode (TSM) creates a harmonic balance reminiscent of the changing flow conditions found in nature. Over the course of several hours, the flow pattern will go from very chaotic to calm, followed by a detritus-clearing surge at the very end of the cycle. The flow direction will change direction every cycle. In this mode your master driver will be purple and your slave driver will flash white/orange/teal and indicate its speed by the LED strip.

Nutrient Transport mode (NTM) creates circulation in a two-phase program. The first phase uses wave motion to stir up detritus. The second phase follows with a surging motion to move the detritus into the overflow and out of the aquarium. This mode promotes maximum health, nutrient export and increased growth for sensitive corals such as SPS

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anti-Sync is special and Nutrient transport on anti-sync is the bomb. Anti-sync is when 2 pumps work together in opposite speeds so if one pump is ramping up the other ramps down. I have my modes very basic at night (Constant/reefcreast) but once lights are on I blast the tank with strong intermittent flow with Reefcreast on anti-sync to tidal swell/antisync and Nutrient transport on anti-sync for 10 hours. Never heard about ecosmart back though

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping an old thread.

So I have three MP40s. My tank is a 5x2x2 and the main viewing areas are the front and left glass. Because of this I placed 2 pumps on the right glass and a single on the back-left glass.

Should I run the back-left on anti-sync (both right side on sync) even though it’s not directly pointed at the other side (perpendicular)? Or ecosmart back?

I run the 2 pumps on the right individually on recreate besides a 4 hour window during mid day that is sync mode with NTM and short pulse and reefcrest mixed in.

Both right pumps run the exact same schedule besides where I have the child part here in full sync. During this period I also have the back left (on much lower speed) in ecosmart back - should I be in anti-sync instead?
IMG_3441.png

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I understand, nutrient transport mode and title swell mode with anti-sync (when one pump is pushing a wave at 100% the other is at 0%) but what I don’t understand, is how anti-sync mode works with reef crest mode or lagoon mode. Is it just the same concept where if one pump is running at 70% ( of set maximum) then the other pump will be running at 30% ( of set maximum), likewise, if one is running at 80% the other one is at 20%, etc.?

and what about gyre mode? The graph I see on Mobius seems to indicate that the time the pump spends at 0% is only a very small period of time indicating that the opposite pump will only be at 100% for a very short period of time.. so then how would I program five seconds of full power on the left pump followed by five seconds of full power by the right pump. That should be what gyre does I would think, except for the graph doesn’t seem to support that thought.

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and what about gyre mode? The graph I see on Mobius seems to indicate that the time the pump spends at 0% is only a very small period of time indicating that the opposite pump will only be at 100% for a very short period of time.. so then how would I program five seconds of full power on the left pump followed by five seconds of full power by the right pump. That should be what gyre does I would think, except for the graph doesn’t seem to support that thought.
There’s a long pulse mode where you can set how long the pulse is for, so in your case, 5s.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back