MrObscura's Nuvo 10

MrObscura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, been posting her for a while now and didn't realize there was a journal section. Anyway, thought I'd start a thread for my first and only reef tank, a nuvo 10 mixed reef.

The plan was originally to go budget build for softies, and some LPS. But that quickly turned into a full blown mixed reef with higher end equipment than originally planned.

The tank is now about 8 months old and has had some up and downs, the worse being a recent bout with dinos which in the end might be the best thing that could have happened. In dirtying up my tank and now feeding much more not only are dinos gone, but corals are happier than ever.

Anyway, I'll post a few pics below from early on when the first corals were added, to a dirtied up mid dinos look, and a recent one, then I'll update regularly from here on out.

Current Equipment
IM Nuvo 10
AI Prime HD
IM Mighty Jet 326gph return
Aqamai KPS
Icecap ATO(currently running kalk)
Neotherm Heater
Reef Glass Skimmer

Current Corals-
SPS
WWC King Kiwi
Toadskin Acro
PC rainbow
Green Birdsnest
Bubblegum Digi

LPS
Lords
Purple Tipped Hammer
Duncan
Bubblegum Monster
Pink *******

Zoas/Palys
WWC Illuminati
Utter Chaos
Fire and Ice
Those Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken(I'm a Bears fan from Chicago)

WWC Blow Pop Cyphastrea

Plus some hangers on that took a beating from the dinos and the jury is still out on.

IMG_20180813_192040.jpg

20190104_214122.jpg
20190221_194543.jpg

20190315_182744.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MrObscura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recent pic was taken during the white period of my schedule, looks better when it's gone blue.

Anyway, frag swap this weekend so some new corals should be on the way. ;Woot

I'm also thinking about buying a Kamoer X1 doser and switching from kalk to Tropic Marin All For Reef.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks great, very colourful

OP
OP
M

MrObscura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, fortunately dinos weren't as big a issue as I feared and as I've mentioned they were a blessing in disguise. My corals were starving and never as happy and colorful as now.

Feeling blue...
20190316_000514.jpg

I need to find a way to capture better pics with just the blues on. The colors are washed out and there's a ton of glare.

OP
OP
M

MrObscura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up the TropicMarin All For Reef with a kamoer X1.

Tanks looking pretty good...
20190322_005445.jpg

OP
OP
M

MrObscura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back from a swap. Same one I went to a few months ago, it's small and doesn't have the most stuff, but I came away with a few deals. Though no one wanted to haggle today and even 5 bucks off was often too much to ask.

Anyway got a fox flame, some twizzlers, white zombies, and Latin lovers.

Waiting for some water to heat up so I can dip them and get them in the tank. I'll take some pics later.

OP
OP
M

MrObscura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update. The all for reef experiment was a failure, I just couldn't get it dialed in. So, I ordered another x1 and some b ionic which I just set up.

The instability of the all for reef caused some big dips and spikes which may take a toll on a couple acros... We'll see.

Otherwise things are looking pretty good. And there's a frag swap coming up!

OP
OP
M

MrObscura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New corals! Best haul yet. Walt Disney, Bubble Bath Unicorn, Pink Cadillac, WWC AOI, Cherry Corals Cherry Limeade, and an awesome multi colored Ric Florida. All for just a little more than the price of one of the high ends retail.

Its a tease, but no pics yet. Literally just got back and waiting for dip water to heat up. Plus my lights don't come on for another 4 hours anyway. Pics later.

OP
OP
M

MrObscura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naw, just liked the sound of it. Lol

It was something anonymous and I'm a big film buff so the camera obscura reference was a bonus.

OP
OP
M

MrObscura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somewhat crappy pics. And Ignore the recovering montis behind the new frags, they where trimmed after the dinos and I'm letting them regrow.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 25 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 95 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back