Multibar Angels from Reef Pro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wouldn’t buy from anyone who doesn’t cover losses caused by shipping problems (delays/lost packages) but maybe that’s just me.

csund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t buy from anyone who doesn’t cover losses caused by shipping problems (delays/lost packages) but maybe that’s just me.
Your a lot like my fiance. She bought a few dresses from an online store. During checkout she skipped by reading the return policy - purchaser pays return shipping. She’s ticked when she learns this! I asked her if she would rather the seller increase the purchase price to include return shipping. She said yes. I then asked her what if she didn’t need to return any dresses, would she still be ok with that. She said yes, I don’t want to pay for return shipping…

If you had read through the thread you would notice Reefpro does in fact cover lost shipments. The purchaser choose to opt out to get a better price. Now you can purchase from Reefpro! Isn’t that exciting!

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That’s not really the same scenario.

The equivalent would be that your wife buys a dress but the company doesn’t guarantee that she will ever receive it.

I take your point about the insurance, but in my opinion if a company is selling things online, then they should guarantee that you will receive it, without you having to buy extra insurance. That’s my opinion though and I understand the other side of the argument.

csund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not really the same scenario.

The equivalent would be that your wife buys a dress but the company doesn’t guarantee that she will ever receive it.

I take your point about the insurance, but in my opinion if a company is selling things online, then they should guarantee that you will receive it, without you having to buy extra insurance. That’s my opinion though and I understand the other side of the argument.
Your going to pay for the insurance one way or another so it’s not extra.

In this scenario Reefpro should not have sent out replacement fish. If they hadn’t this thread wouldn’t have existed. So much for a good deed.

OP
OP
Steve and his Animals

Steve and his Animals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again I want to bring this right back to the basics - we are dealing with live animals.

You keep saying you were lied to. Do you have any evidence that they weren’t eating when Reefpro was handling their care? You said that they seemed healthy when they arrived AFTER Reefpro cared for them for two weeks AFTER they replaced fish that they obviously shouldn’t have.

I think in the future it would be wise to request videos of these finicky type fish eating before purchase and be wary of vendors that refuse.
So basically you're saying it's my fault for putting faith in the company to send me fish that are eating and healthy? It's not like I didn't appreciate what they did, but after the purchase they were nothing but short and unhelpful with me, both in emails and this thread. If they wanted to help, they could give me advice on how they get their fish to start eating or something of the like. Instead, they put the entire focus of this conversation on how gracious they were to replace the fish, and then lied or ignored what their shipping insurance (which they only offered to me AFTER the first shipment was lost) was for and what was said in our email correspondence. It's likely I was dealing with different people in this thread vs. in our emails, but that just tells me the people helping me were not on the same page with each other.

And how can I believe their fish were eating in their facility when they looked and acted exactly like every other multibar angel I had dealt with prior? They looked healthy, but so had every other multibar angel I had previously dealt with until they slowly starved. That's why I think I was lied to, my own experience reinforced that. Even if I wasn't lied to, it's still a crappy deal and I have every right to be upset about it.

In short, the original post was to warn people about buying this specific fish from this specific vendor, because there's no guarantee you'll have a different experience than with anybody else, which is a big deal for the money they're asking for for supposedly "conditioned" fish.

You can chose to keep backing them all you want, but the whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth.

csund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically you're saying it's my fault for putting faith in the company to send me fish that are eating and healthy? It's not like I didn't appreciate what they did, but after the purchase they were nothing but short and unhelpful with me, both in emails and this thread. If they wanted to help, they could give me advice on how they get their fish to start eating or something of the like. Instead, they put the entire focus of this conversation on how gracious they were to replace the fish, and then lied or ignored what their shipping insurance (which they only offered to me AFTER the first shipment was lost) was for and what was said in our email correspondence. It's likely I was dealing with different people in this thread vs. in our emails, but that just tells me the people helping me were not on the same page with each other.

And how can I believe their fish were eating in their facility when they looked and acted exactly like every other multibar angel I had dealt with prior? They looked healthy, but so had every other multibar angel I had previously dealt with until they slowly starved. That's why I think I was lied to, my own experience reinforced that. Even if I wasn't lied to, it's still a crappy deal and I have every right to be upset about it.

In short, the original post was to warn people about buying this specific fish from this specific vendor, because there's no guarantee you'll have a different experience than with anybody else, which is a big deal for the money they're asking for for supposedly "conditioned" fish.

You can chose to keep backing them all you want, but the whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth.
It’s right here buddy

Yes! Your getting it! It very well could be your fault. Maybe the fish just don’t like you? The tank? Water chemistry? Again, live animals.

OP
OP
Steve and his Animals

Steve and his Animals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s right here buddy

Yes! Your getting it! It very well could be your fault. Maybe the fish just don’t like you? The tank? Water chemistry? Again, live animals.
No need to be condescending.

Again, that wasn't an option for purchase when I made mine (or it wasn't obviously displayed on the site). Not only that, but I didn't want to purchase the insurance for the second attempt because at that point that's just Fedex being Fedex, and I didn't want to waste any more time and another $400 plus the $50 shipping for the third round. What also wasn't available at the time was their listing for a multibar "pair" which they also put the blame on me for, even though they offered me a pair in the beginning and I mentioned I wanted a pair for the second (which they also lied about and said I didn't mention).

You're shifting the focus again to the shipping aspects, but shipping wasn't the issue, it was the shortness and overall lack of any helpful correspondence after the purchase was made. Their email responses to my questions were not concise, they were short to the point of being almost useless.

I know the tank and water chemistry weren't the issue: very well established 40-gal QT, plenty of live rock and hiding spaces, no aggressive fish, but it seems you skipped reading that part again. I'm no stranger to keeping difficult fish.

Regardless, if you want to keep blindly defending this company instead of saying anything constructive or helpful, that's all on you man. I just wanted to share my experience, and clearly what I'm saying here has no bearing on what you think.

csund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked into purchasing fish through them months ago and it was posted on the site. That’s why I knew it was there. When did you order your fish?

OP
OP
Steve and his Animals

Steve and his Animals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked into purchasing fish through them months ago and it was posted on the site. That’s why I knew it was there. When did you order your fish?
It must've been mid-summer of last year, maybe August, since the original post of this thread was made in November, and I waited a couple months for them to get more multibars.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try this "Marshall island multibar" here. If not go with the Biota captive bred ones.
The two stores I go to were
Able to get two from the Marshall Islands for me, they were both eating and made it through quarantine but both passed after about three months. Apparently both stores and a third store said they used to get them all the time but even when they tried to keep them they wouldn’t live more than a few months. They think it’s something that’s kissing in their diet.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back