Multiple clown gobies

clownfish07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone, I am researching clown gobies and would love to put a small group or pair in my 20g long, but I have heard conflicting information on putting multiple in, my preference would be multiple or a pair of yellow clown gobies but if I need to get different species I will. Just looking for anybody with experience about keeping these in groups, thanks!

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll be fine with pairs. If you like the clown gobies maybe have two different species of them. I’ve kept citrons & war paints never having issues. They’ll easily pair & should frequently spawn once established.

OP
OP
C

clownfish07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll be fine with pairs. If you like the clown gobies maybe have two different species of them. I’ve kept citrons & war paints never having issues. They’ll easily pair & should frequently spawn once established.
So would I be ok with a pair of yellow clown gobies and a pair of war paint clown gobies? Tank is a 20g long

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright thanks, would a small group of yellow clown gobies work or just stick with pairs of different species
I would stick to pairs of separate species’ mainly because it’s different colours and not bursts of all the same colour - I recommend if you can get them then try a black clown gong pair, my LFS has one and if I had room in my tank I would get it but right now it’s being ran with 3 wrasse (2 using it as a nice grow out).

OP
OP
C

clownfish07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So like a yellow clown and a black clown as a pair together?
I would stick to pairs of separate species’ mainly because it’s different colours and not bursts of all the same colour - I recommend if you can get them then try a black clown gong pair, my LFS has one and if I had room in my tank I would get it but right now it’s being ran with 3 wrasse (2 using it as a nice grow out).

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So like a yellow clown and a black clown as a pair together?
It could work but I was thinking more on the lines of 2 clown gobies and 2 blacks however one of each would most likely work too!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh you mean like a pair of the same species?
Yeah, I just realised it said clown gobies and not the yellows haha. I think that one of each wild look nicer though, but a pair of each species would also make for a nice display!

Back