Multiple yellow coris wrasse addition?

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all wrasse lovers! I’ve finally eradicated my system of all fish disease, and after some devastating losses including my 2 wrasses. I am ready to start adding back and was wondering if I can add 2 or more yellow coris in the same tank or do I need to just get one yellow and then a fairy? Previously I had a red head Solon fairy and a yellow coris.

My DT is a standard 125g 72x18x23.

Remaining fish post deaths:
2 ocellaris clowns, my original pair
1 blue chromis approx 1” and
1 quarter sized pj cardinal
1 blue stripe cleaner wrasse approx 1 1/2”
1 purple pseudochromis approx 1 1/2”
1 lawnmower blenny maybe 3”
1 diamond goby approx 3”
1 yellow eye Kole tang 2”

Currently in QT:
1 blue hippo about size of a nickel
1 brown naso tang 2 1/2” - 3”
1 ignitus anthias female maybe a little over 1” - want at least 2 more
Bought a red fin wrasse and only saw it a couple of times and haven’t seen it since. It’s also in the QT. They are currently under observation. I like to see their activity and eating patterns before subjecting them to medications that may decrease their appetites

Please click on my build thread for pictures, many of which show fish I lost. I will never, ever not QT again, it’s not worth it. I’d rather lose on in QT than half my DT plus the coral losses from treating the DT.

So after all that info the question is:
Can I add 2 or more yellow coris wrasse if introduced together?

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all wrasse lovers! I’ve finally eradicated my system of all fish disease, and after some devastating losses including my 2 wrasses. I am ready to start adding back and was wondering if I can add 2 or more yellow coris in the same tank or do I need to just get one yellow and then a fairy? Previously I had a red head Solon fairy and a yellow coris.

My DT is a standard 125g 72x18x23.

Remaining fish post deaths:
2 ocellaris clowns, my original pair
1 blue chromis approx 1” and
1 quarter sized pj cardinal
1 blue stripe cleaner wrasse approx 1 1/2”
1 purple pseudochromis approx 1 1/2”
1 lawnmower blenny maybe 3”
1 diamond goby approx 3”
1 yellow eye Kole tang 2”

Currently in QT:
1 blue hippo about size of a nickel
1 brown naso tang 2 1/2” - 3”
1 ignitus anthias female maybe a little over 1” - want at least 2 more
Bought a red fin wrasse and only saw it a couple of times and haven’t seen it since. It’s also in the QT. They are currently under observation. I like to see their activity and eating patterns before subjecting them to medications that may decrease their appetites

Please click on my build thread for pictures, many of which show fish I lost. I will never, ever not QT again, it’s not worth it. I’d rather lose on in QT than half my DT plus the coral losses from treating the DT.

So after all that info the question is:
Can I add 2 or more yellow coris wrasse if introduced together?
I’m going to say yes. I’ve never done so, but my LFS has two DT with Coris wrasse. One is like 500 gallons and has 4-5 yellow cord wrasse, along with several others. The other is over 150 gallons and has 2 yellow Coris, a green Coris, and a massive melagaris leopard wrasse.

Upvote 0

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend adding only one. Even though H. Chrysus is peaceful it's likely both will become males after which there's a chance they may no longer get along. Your tank size could make it possible, but your list shows the tank will be heavily stocked which increases the chance that they'll get on each others nerves.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty much done adding fish, I’d just like something that will eat excessive asterinas stars (knew I had them but never saw them when both of my wrasses were alive). I’d love something that would eat bristleworms. We have a reef lobster and they’re supposed to eat them but I don’t know if it does or not. It certainly comes out to grab a hunk of seafood when we feed the tank. Thanks for your input!!

Upvote 0

NickHolmes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty much done adding fish, I’d just like something that will eat excessive asterinas stars (knew I had them but never saw them when both of my wrasses were alive). I’d love something that would eat bristleworms. We have a reef lobster and they’re supposed to eat them but I don’t know if it does or not. It certainly comes out to grab a hunk of seafood when we feed the tank. Thanks for your input!!
I doubt its very common for a Yellow Coris to eat Asterina's

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back