My 100w light on a 15g cube.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Knucker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Knucker

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2024
Messages
308
Reaction score
321
Location
Hell
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set the light to LPS on the settings. This has everything at 80%. I felt that was too bright so I turned it all down to 20%. I still feel it might be too bright.

My idea is to start off at 10% and to turn it up 1% each day until it's back to 20%. Then wait a couple of weeks then slowly turn it up to 40%.

My question is this a slow enough light acclimation?
 
Depends on what you're keeping in the tank. I have an IM Nuvo 10 full of BTAs and RFAs. I use a Hydra 26HD (95w) light on it and have it set to about 30% (based on my color mix).

The human eye is notoriously bad at guessing light intensity for this kind of thing. The only way to know for sure is to get your hands on a PAR meter and test your light on your tank.

As for acclimation... If/when I use an acclimation mode, I try to not raise it more than 5% per week.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new