My 200 gal system

Davebfish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my system that I have been working on. It consists of two 70 gallon tanks hooked up to a 55 gallon sump. One 70 gallon is my reef display while the other is a seahorse tank / refugium. I also have a small tank around 10 gallons hooked up that I plan on converting into a mangrove system. I grow caulerpa in my seahorse tank for the purpose of nutrient export from the system. I have been spawning the seahorses and am in the process of experimenting with larviculture techniques-- advice would be appreciated.

The reef is doing well however I desperately need more corals. I really would like to get some good frags of stony corals such as montipora or some easier acros.

Refugium.jpg

Fullshot.jpg

Reef.jpg
 
Is it difficult to maintain a Seahorse tank? My wife always tells me we should try to run a Seahorse tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new