My 29 Gal Bio Cube

Albie23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it all in place and this afternoon picking up some live rock, salt and water. Time to get this puppy going. Can't wait to get it up and running.

And it's funny once you start talking to ppl about the hobby. PPl are like I have a saltwater tank and we are moving and don't want it. Its your come and take it. My wifes friend is getting rid of her hubbys tank. And last night she asked me about it.. Havent seen it yet.. It has a few clowns in it and a grobby.

I will post some pictures later today..

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookin' forward to pics!! :D

OP
OP
A

Albie23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Guys... Maybe tomorrow. Got rocks,sand, and the pet store was short on RO water. So I am 5 Gals short. But it was great to work as a team with my kids to get the tank running.

Steven R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Guys... Maybe tomorrow. Got rocks,sand, and the pet store was short on RO water. So I am 5 Gals short. But it was great to work as a team with my kids to get the tank running.

You can go to the grocery store and they sell it by the gallon, Looking foreword to pics. Welcome to the site and good luck and happy reefing.

Steven R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your plans for this bio? fish only or reef or mixed reef or what? either way take your time nothing happens fast in this hobby/passion

OP
OP
A

Albie23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can go to the grocery store and they sell it by the gallon, Looking foreword to pics. Welcome to the site and good luck and happy reefing.

Thx Steve.. Went to two food stores and one wallmart. Nothing.. :eek:oh:

What are your plans for this bio? fish only or reef or mixed reef or what? either way take your time nothing happens fast in this hobby/passion

The bio now is going to be reef. Some clowns, Grobbys, and other cool little reef fish. I like the bright blue star fish. But it all a waiting game now..

Steven R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, to bad the stores had no water you could use tap for now since you will be in the cycle, and use a additive called Prime it will remove all the bad stuff and make it safe to add. IMO I would stay away from the blue starfish they more often then not starve to death in small systems but if you have your hart set on it just trae it off to another reefer with a bigger system when it gets older, and make sure it does not touch air. If you have any questions feel free to ask there is a'lot of great people on here.

AsphaltPays

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use distilled water you can buy it at any Walmart or you local food shopping store you can find it in the same section you would find bottled water by the gallon

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Albie23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, to bad the stores had no water you could use tap for now since you will be in the cycle, and use a additive called Prime it will remove all the bad stuff and make it safe to add. IMO I would stay away from the blue starfish they more often then not starve to death in small systems but if you have your hart set on it just trae it off to another reefer with a bigger system when it gets older, and make sure it does not touch air. If you have any questions feel free to ask there is a'lot of great people on here.

Where I live in NJ. There is very hard water. And it a problem for almost every thing. My freshwater tank is always cloudy. Can't get it clear my last water change was with tap water.. And I am sure I did some wrong. But the fish are liveing so thats a plus.

You can use distilled water you can buy it at any Walmart or you local food shopping store you can find it in the same section you would find bottled water by the gallon

I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up..

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Albie23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stay away from the blue starfish they more often then not starve to death in small systems but if you have your hart set on it just trae it off to another reefer with a bigger system when it gets older, and make sure it does not touch air. If you have any questions feel free to ask there is a'lot of great people on here.

Thanks, I think they look cool. But if its not good for a tank my size. Better off now getting it. There is some much to learn.

OP
OP
A

Albie23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is still running. Tested water it was very salty. I removed 4 gals and and put in 4 gals. It was at 38 ppt now it at 30ppt . Would like to hit 32ppt.

akma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice where in nj are you? Nj water is terrible. I think my rodi was the best investment i made for my tank.

SWAGuru

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get the distilled water from the grocery store, be careful that it is not the kind they provide for baby formula. Some stores stock them side by side. The Distilled water for baby formula usually has additives for taste and some has added minerals as well.

OP
OP
A

Albie23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here is where we are now..

I got a a few rocks from a friend and it had a hermit crab in it and a few little snails.
Got my water tested the other day and it was good to go. The guy at the fish had a old heater that he gave me. Well it didnt work. I cooked the first fish in the tank. It was like a hot tub.
So I got a new heater and got the temp right and got two new fish and a few snails. We will have to see how it goes. I got a stripe and a spot domino Demels.

I am trying to get a picture to post. One fish is behind the rocks and the other is up front .

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see pics of the fish!! They don't seem to cooperate when the camera is out.

OP
OP
A

Albie23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Guys.. I have a few pics so far.. Tomorrow morning I will be getting a 40 gal Setup. A friend and I are moving it from a friends house to my house. It has 3 clowns in the tank. So I will get a few pictures of that and the bio.. I am excited. Been trying to move this tank for a month..

Back