My 6 month old tank

Donle069

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
27
Location
CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, my tank consume more alk than calcium. I’m dosing about 35ml or Redsea alk and roughly 10ml cal daily. My alk reading 8.5, cal is 460, mag is 1550. The reading looks great, however I’m not sure why my tank consume more alk than cal. Is anyone had the similar situation? Any inputs is greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

CF3D5CF1-6186-4265-B4E1-3170DC307268.png 33BED023-8257-4D82-9612-9C6456ABD1D7.png
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
 
B E A utiful system!!!! Looks pretty packed! There is a chance that your corals haven’t really taken off enough yet to need more calcium. Possibly in time it may catch up as your system matures! Welcome to R2R!!!
8EDFC8CC-560D-4243-AD4D-0425B80CAC28.gif
 
Welcome to the R2R community and we’re glad you joined us !!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
When I still have my sps tank, I dosed more alk than calcium to get a good reading. It stays like that for the life of the tank. I didn't bother to be alarmed that my system is way different than the rest. Not perfect but grow corals from 1 inch to mini colony.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new