My 6 month old tank

When I still have my sps tank, I dosed more alk than calcium to get a good reading. It stays like that for the life of the tank. I didn't bother to be alarmed that my system is way different than the rest. Not perfect but grow corals from 1 inch to mini colony.
When I still have my sps tank, I dosed more alk than calcium to get a good reading. It stays like that for the life of the tank. I didn't bother to be alarmed that my system is way different than the rest. Not perfect but grow corals from 1 inch to mini colony.

Thanks for the input, i didn’t notice any issue. They are doing fine, just not quite understood the chemistry behind it. I guess it’s different from tank to tank. Thanks again.
 
giphy.gif


Welcome to R2R!!! Agreed on checking the calculator. Also, perhaps you’re having some abiotic precipitation? What’s you’re PH sitting at?

hi my ph has always been around 8.3-8.4. I’m worry about that as well the precipitation. Any input to solved it? Should I stop dosing cal to bring it down? Thanks
 
hi my ph has always been around 8.3-8.4. I’m worry about that as well the precipitation. Any input to solved it? Should I stop dosing cal to bring it down? Thanks

Nothing comes to mind at the moment. Mind if I call in the guru?

@Randy Holmes-Farley
 
Last edited:
Welcome to the group.

I would ask a few questions. How long has the tank been like this and is it working? I usually say if it is working let it work. As mentioned it is out of balance though. At 460 I would think Alk would closer to 12. You could slowly drop calcium until you get into the 420-430 range. Than alk should be running where you are at roughly, 8.6-8.9.

Just a thought. Tank looks great.
 
Welcome to the group.

I would ask a few questions. How long has the tank been like this and is it working? I usually say if it is working let it work. As mentioned it is out of balance though. At 460 I would think Alk would closer to 12. You could slowly drop calcium until you get into the 420-430 range. Than alk should be running where you are at roughly, 8.6-8.9.

Just a thought. Tank looks great.
Hi, I think it been like this for a while now. Everything seem to be doing fine. Sps corals are doing great as well as others. Just want to balance things out. Do you think it’s ok to stop dosing cal for couple days to bring the level down? Is this a good thing to do?
 
Welcome to R2R. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new