3838312b02c0673702ec600d2364f064.jpg

There he is eat some aptasia you lazy *******

bigmiker32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea regal angel who decimated all of my aptasia, I take the rock from my sump with aptasia bit by bit and put it into the main display for him and now it is almost completely gone from my sump too [emoji106]

OP
OP
zup33r

zup33r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the regal like with the rest of your corals?

Ljaus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it seems every good tank journal has a story to it. I have been very brief about myself so far. While I'm waiting for glues to dry I will share mine.
I had a few successful tanks when I was younger. I spent a year working in the industry approximately 20 years ago.
I lived a transient lifestyle for years working around the country. As we all know moving tanks isn't fun. So I gave my tank away.

The last year my wife has had unexplainable health issues. In and out of hospital. We have 2 young kids. So it's been a very tuff year on both of us. The stress brings on my OCDness. I read and article after article on every autoimmune condition known to man. It was driving me mental.
I thought if I redirect that energy into a new hobby it would be more healthy for me.
As I threw myself into obsessing learning and running my tank. I found my troubles just seemed to disappear. In my head anyways lol.
My tank has helped me get through a tuff time.
My number one hobby and first love is skydiving. Slightly less relaxing than reefing.

Hi mate, within the last year i was diagnosed with a rare immune illness and it got me back into reefing. Its the only thing that keeps me sane! Hope your wife is well. Hope that weather isn't too nasty at your place, nice weather in Central Queensland. Just read the thread from start to finish and i must say what an amazing build! Colours are fantastic, how are the algae issues?

OP
OP
zup33r

zup33r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi mate, within the last year i was diagnosed with a rare immune illness and it got me back into reefing. Its the only thing that keeps me sane! Hope your wife is well. Hope that weather isn't too nasty at your place, nice weather in Central Queensland. Just read the thread from start to finish and i must say what an amazing build! Colours are fantastic, how are the algae issues?
OH mate if you have auto immune issues in our country from our experience you are screwed. Drs are useless and the medical industry is about making money only.
Wifey is on the improve. It turned out to be silicone toxicity from an implant causing autoimmune problems as well as neurological issues.
The tank has certainly been a great distraction.
Algea I will explain tomorrow.

psirex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting combo for aptasia results.
I think each fish has individual feeding preferences.
I bet if i target feed the aptasia with reef roids something in the tank will use them as food source.
Just like tricking children to eat vegetables with something tasty

Lighting is 8 hydras.
Whatever works [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

bigmiker32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He does touch anything ear except Zoas, he demolishes those very quickly but such a stunning fish,

Rob's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a rouge copper band that loved Acans.
I have a Copperband I'm giving a try... we'll see how he does... so far I haven't seen him go after any aptasia, too many tube worms and mini feather dusters for him to play with right now...

OP
OP
zup33r

zup33r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pristine aquariums in Sydney Australia built it on site.
15 mm glass with centre bracing

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 47 40.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back