My 72 Bowfront Build Revised Thread

Today's numbers
Ca 476
Mg 1360
Alk 7.4
Phosphates .04
Nitrates 5 ppm
DT 35 ppt
NSW 32 ppt
After weeks of running high Ca, Mg, Alk, salinity out of wack, I finally have my numbers lower
I am now dosing 6 ml alk, and 6 ml Mg. I will test later this week to see were I am at

Since pulling the rusted wet side of the MP-40 color is coming back in my montis.
 
Sunday fun day
Alk has leveled off at 7.4 and I am going to dose the alk back up to 8.3 I am auto dosing 13 ml per day, down from 48 before setting up the auto water change
Ca is still high but should not drop.
Mg 1260 and I am going to dose up to 1400
Phosphates are at 0, I ran out reef nutrition oyster feast, and rottie feast 2 weeks ago and can see the difference in my monti's. I pick up some oyster feast and R.O.E and I will have to wait for some rottie feast to come back in.
Nitrates are at 2.5 to 5 PPM
 
How often do you feed the oyster feast or coral foods in general
Daily.

I have a mix that I use with vitamins, my recipe for frozen and reef nutrition products. I works well.
 
Picture
IMG_5351.JPG
 
another experiment that has worked out, fresh out of the oven
IMG_5352.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new