OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the correct assumption to reduce my dosing pumps to half once all my Acros were removed from the DT. The numbers have stayed spot on. At least that is one good thing.:smile:

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good assumption. At least you know what you'll need to dose in the QT as well. Double bonus.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a 6 line wrasse yesterday. Did another round of dipping tonight. I only saw about 5 very small worms out of 12 plus pieces and nothing else, which is a great sign. I did rinse them in clean saltwater after dipping and yet I am now seeing multiple dead copepods and amiphipods floating all over the QT. This stuff is highly toxic to inverts, even after rinsing them. I also believe it killed my cleaner shrimp in my DT before I moved everything over.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man! That explains alot. Mine died a few days after I dipped the first time now that I think about it. Wow.

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 with Tapatalk.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably. I dipped 3 rocks with corals on them in some dip that was a little too strong the first time.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see why after dipping rocks. But I didnt see a single dead copepod in the dipping container. These were all in the tank.

How much better can you rinse? I pull them out of the dip, stick them into the clean saltwater and shake them a bit. Taking maybe 10 seconds. How long were you rinsing Mike?

Typed from my phone, because I have nothing better to do.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much same thing give em a good rinse and shake. Sometimes I do a second rinse.

I was thinking maybe u guys are just dipping in rinse real quick
I usually soak em in the rinse for 30sec or so then shake real good in rinse.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I will say this. I didnt soak every frag when I was dipping the little pieces while still in the DT. but the fact that I rinsed and lost all these pods in the QT is crazy. they are everywhere.

Just did a water change.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rinsed for quite some time. Put them in clean water with powerhead. At least 2 or 3 minutes.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. See thats even scarier.

Typed from my phone, because I have nothing better to do.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dipped 3 decent sized rocks. Should have changed rinse water by the last one. I dipped one ofbthose encrusted rocks the other day and did instead of ice chest i used a 5 gallon bucket. It worked much better. Ill dip that same rock next week and will dip all the infected corals again too.

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last time I dipped my corals it did something weird to my cleaner and fire shrimp. Usually they are all over the tank my cleaner more in the visible range and my fire all around the caves but the day after the dip they both were like stunt all day in one section of the tank and no they didnt molt it only lasted for a day. I usually have two rinsing containers one that I just shake the coral for a while and the orther I use with a smap pump and I place the coral there for 15 min

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

quigimon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last time I dipped my corals it did something weird to my cleaner and fire shrimp. Usually they are all over the tank my cleaner more in the visible range and my fire all around the caves but the day after the dip they both were like stunt all day in one section of the tank and no they didnt molt it only lasted for a day. I usually have two rinsing containers one that I just shake the coral for a while and the orther I use with a smap pump and I place the coral there for 15 min

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Bugs they might be eating may have ingested some of the dip and when they ate the bugs they may have gotten some of the chemical as well, just a guess but something to consider, good news is that they didn't die.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back