OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping good levels so far. But I went ahead and added a reactor with some GFO, and added carbon too. I also hooked up an ATO to the tank. Trying to keep all levels as stable as possible.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am amazed on how much my skimmer is pulling out of this tank. There is one tiny sixline wrasse, that I barely feed in there. And I have changed over 12 gallons of water since setting it up.

photobucket-58910-1354675432414.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dipped all large colonies tonight. Found some eggs on the large blue tip stag, but nowhere else. Had about 10-12 AEFW fall off total on 6 colonies.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that is some good skimmate you are pulling. And sounds like you are making progress do rid the corals of the eggs and worms. I'll be curious to see how many you find, if any, on your next dip. Keep up the good battle my friend.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost another frag last night. This one was a no name frag someone gave me, that was not quite happy to begin with. All others seem to be okay. Even all the frags of Red Planet that I had to make are encrusting on the plugs in just 2 weeks. I have been doing steady 5 gallon water changes every 3-4 days to keep water pristine. I am having a slight brown slime algae problem, but I am cleaning and siphoning it out with each WC. I am due for another round of dipping tonight.

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man every body its getting them. I just stop by the critters and their red sea max tank has flat worms. That sucks I hope knock on wood my tank does not get them I did found some red bugs. :mad:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

sluicebox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man every body its getting them. I just stop by the critters and their red sea max tank has flat worms. That sucks I hope knock on wood my tank does not get them I did found some red bugs. :mad:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I'm kinda new to this flatworm problem but if you don't put them in your tank, you will not get them. Right? Be ready to quarantine and dip everything that goes into the tank and you should be safe. Is that the right line of thought?

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kinda new to this flatworm problem but if you don't put them in your tank, you will not get them. Right? Be ready to quarantine and dip everything that goes into the tank and you should be safe. Is that the right line of thought?

That is the right way to think. Because dipping alone will not do it. They need to be thoroughly inspected for eggs, and just in case you missed them, having them in QT and dipping every 7 days for 4 weeks, would eliminate the possibility.

The other question is: Does everyone in this hobby who plans on keeping acropora in their tanks have the money, time, and patience for a QT?

Last edited:

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on the QT setup? Curious how it's all going as I didn't get much time to talk to ya at the meeting.

I would love to run a QT and have a 20 long that would be perfect but the fact of having 2 tanks setup doesn't sound very appealing to me at this point in time. I'd love to have it setup full time with rock and everything in it and use it as a QT but not sure if I could convince the little lady of letting me do that. LOL

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back