My Anemone has lesions on its body

Wayne Kruger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers, I have now asked around through WhatsApp groups and all my reefing compatriots have no tips to help me and cannot identify what is wrong with my Anemone.
My Anemone started with a few "bubble-like" pimples on its body when I first got it, and now it is starting to look worse, the Anemone still opens up fully during lit hours, but when he shrinks a little in to the rock I can see the lesions are getting worse. If anyone can help with advice for treatment or at least identification of the type of issue I'm having please give me a shout.

IMG_1453.JPG
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-16 at 4.57.47 PM.jpeg

The first picture was taken a month before the picture I took last night before bed.
This really has me worried, but I know it might get better before the damage is done any further CHEERS!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Wayne Kruger

Wayne Kruger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It almost looks like something is picking at it.

@Wayne Kruger can you get a 100% white light pic of the affected area a little closer?

little trick, hold phone directly to glass and take pic, reduces focus flutter.
Ill try my best to, the only thing is that the anenome is only closed sometimes, and almost never when my white and blue LED's are on during daytime.

OP
OP
Wayne Kruger

Wayne Kruger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to all the info guys I really appreciate it! Will try and find some dip here, our pet shops here in Namibia don't really stock dips :/

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back