OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to shake up the neighborhood ;)

5748B825-C070-485E-9673-B72C4131A29B.jpeg

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted a more efficient way to use carbon other than passively so I ordered a media reactor that should be here tomorrow. Didn't think this through much so hopefully I have enough room in my sump for it ;Facepalm

D1A8C07E-C56A-4C7F-A4FE-32CB3F54AFF3.jpeg

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trip to LFS for some snails today and I ended up buying a huge paly out of the $10 bin, not sure why but they will probably end up in my Biocube at some point.

They are completely remodeling the store and every time I go in there’s something new, shocked to see all new flooring and a huge glass doored frozen food section today :)

3F6F7B49-14CF-427D-A239-BEE88CC2D5CF.jpeg

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really liking my mini in tank canister filter, I’m using the 1 micron pleated filter sleeves that can be charged with Diatomaceous earth for super effective mechanical filtration. It’s a eye sore but I only run it for a day or two when I’m working on algae control and then pull it out of tank. Best part It was free :) after a mix up at my local petco they refunded my money which I didn’t even know about for a couple weeks after the fact.

C8527996-4964-4CC1-917F-F43C76F06D0F.png

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really liking my mini in tank canister filter, I’m using the 1 micron pleated filter sleeves that can be charged with Diatomaceous earth for super effective mechanical filtration. It’s a eye sore but I only run it for a day or two when I’m working on algae control and then pull it out of tank. Best part It was free :) after a mix up at my local petco they refunded my money which I didn’t even know about for a couple weeks after the fact.

C8527996-4964-4CC1-917F-F43C76F06D0F.png

Score!

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was short on time so I did the pay on line and pick up in store option as I thought it would be waiting at the counter and I could just grab it and go.. NOT! when I got there nobody knew anything about my order so I had to get the filter myself and then wait like 10 minutes for the store manager to come up front and complete transaction :rolleyes::mad:;Facepalm A week later I started getting emails about my item is ready to pick up.. lol. what idiots!! I never responded so they refunded my money ;Hilarious

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was short on time so I did the pay on line and pick up in store option as I thought it would be waiting at the counter and I could just grab it and go.. NOT! when I got there nobody knew anything about my order so I had to get the filter myself and then wait like 10 minutes for the store manager to come up front and complete transaction :rolleyes::mad:;Facepalm A week later I started getting emails about my item is ready to pick up.. lol. what idiots!! I never responded so they refunded my money ;Hilarious
Ha ha ha ha ha! That made my day!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They seem to love it but won’t pick it off glass. they just stare at it until a little piece flakes off and then they swoop in and grab it.. lol

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to love it but won’t pick it off glass. they just stare at it until a little piece flakes off and then they swoop in and grab it.. lol
You can stick it onto the rocks or even into a clam shell. Mine take it off the glass no problem though. My cbb and male clown are on it as soon as my hand goes in the water to place it. The cbb has pecked at it while still in my fingers.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can stick it onto the rocks or even into a clam shell. Mine take it off the glass no problem though. My cbb and male clown are on it as soon as my hand goes in the water to place it. The cbb has pecked at it while still in my fingers.

My clown in the Biocube just took some from the glass! Maybe there’s some hope for them after all.

Back