My Clownfish has a grey streak!!

eiichi

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 24, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
california
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home today and Saw that my Clownfish was not as active as normal so when I went over to double check I saw that it has a giant grey streak on its body and seems to not be well. I have had them for only about 3 months now. I have no clue what this is or how concerned I should be. Right now I am freaking out trying to google and research what it would be but as of right now I am at a loss and hope that someone here has an answer.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
I came home today and Saw that my Clownfish was not as active as normal so when I went over to double check I saw that it has a giant grey streak on its body and seems to not be well. I have had them for only about 3 months now. I have no clue what this is or how concerned I should be. Right now I am freaking out trying to google and research what it would be but as of right now I am at a loss and hope that someone here has an answer.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
This looks like excess mucus but to confirm, Give this fish a 5 minute dip in tap water, the same temperature as display tank and see if it clears up. If so, and should, may be development of brooklynella.
 
I came home today and Saw that my Clownfish was not as active as normal so when I went over to double check I saw that it has a giant grey streak on its body and seems to not be well. I have had them for only about 3 months now. I have no clue what this is or how concerned I should be. Right now I am freaking out trying to google and research what it would be but as of right now I am at a loss and hope that someone here has an answer.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Dark clownfish show mucus really clearly. My first thought is that it looks like you have two of these clowns. They well could be biting each other. You may never see it happen, but they still may be squabbling when you are not in the room.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new