OP
OP
xnaz

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to pull the trigger on one of those during the live sale. I'm an hour and a half away from them so spending $36-$45 on one of them was really enticing haha. Congrats on the purchase.
Wow really how is there store. Thankfully I live in Florida so I have options like WWC and TSA but they mostly have SPS and I’m more of a fleshy lps guy, that’s why I picked up a fox coral as well.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have experience with keeping anemone, however I have definitely looked into adding one to my current set up. I found out that they will move around the tank no matter where you place them. I have heard that they will knock over anything that is in their way while they are on the move. Plus they have the potential to eat tank inhabitants.
A lot of miss information there. A bubble tip anemone will not eat healthy fish normally. They do not knock over things unless they are not attached in any way.

BTAs generally move when they are going to split or unhappy for some reason. If you place a anemone so it can attach its foot under a rock or a hole in a rock where it can reach out to get plenty of light, but retract when it feels threatened, has good flow around it but not blasting it too hard, and your tank parameters are good they will often stay in the same place for years. If your lighting is inadequate or parameters get to far off it is going to look for a new home. If bad enough it will detach completely to let the currents carry if to a better environment hopefully. In our tanks that is when they end up in power heads typically!

Research Monkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow really how is there store. Thankfully I live in Florida so I have options like WWC and TSA but they mostly have SPS and I’m more of a fleshy lps guy, that’s why I picked up a fox coral as well.

No idea. I have several LFS that are pretty good in the area so I havent ventured out of my own county yet. I didnt end up buying it during the sale or else I would have probably made the trip down this weekend.

OP
OP
xnaz

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea. I have several LFS that are pretty good in the area so I havent ventured out of my own county yet. I didnt end up buying it during the sale or else I would have probably made the trip down this weekend.
Oh ok cool yeah I’m definitely interested in the one this weekend hopefully something cool will come up during it.

duesmortem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of miss information there. A bubble tip anemone will not eat healthy fish normally. They do not knock over things unless they are not attached in any way.

BTAs generally move when they are going to split or unhappy for some reason. If you place a anemone so it can attach its foot under a rock or a hole in a rock where it can reach out to get plenty of light, but retract when it feels threatened, has good flow around it but not blasting it too hard, and your tank parameters are good they will often stay in the same place for years. If your lighting is inadequate or parameters get to far off it is going to look for a new home. If bad enough it will detach completely to let the currents carry if to a better environment hopefully. In our tanks that is when they end up in power heads typically!
Where is the misinformation? Did I say anything that is not true?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back