My first anemone

BigD9.5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to try and feed mine tomorrow with some raw shrimp from the store. ..anyone have luck with raw shrimp from the grocery store?

OP
OP
xnaz

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would drip them for an hour or 2. Make sure they are comfortable with your water then very carefully pick them up and be careful not to rip their foot. Just place him in a suitable place bottom left looks good if you move that frag and just be prepared for him to move around, Also be careful with him going near your power head bc he could get chopped to pieces
Ok cool thanks for the help.

BigD9.5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They hold water in them until they exhale so they get stressed if your doing a drip

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree to read up more but imo definitely no dips. drip acclimate 30min - 1 hr then to transfer to a large cup or bowl with your tank water. wait 30 min to an hour to let it expel the rest of the other tanks water, leaving the cup cliped inside the tank to keep tank temp. than your good to scoop it out and transfer.

Erik-Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DO NOT DIP THEM!!!!

Phew, got that off my chest LOL

THis is all that you need to do. Float them - While you float them, drip acclimate them for 2 hours

Dont expect them it to get all plump immediately after bringing it home. It might take a day or 2. If you are able to ramp your lights down, and possibly use an acclimation mode, that would be best!

Just my 2 cents :)

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to try and feed mine tomorrow with some raw shrimp from the store. ..anyone have luck with raw shrimp from the grocery store?
Mine gets a small piece of raw shrimp (wild caught, watch out for the farmed crap from S Asia it is antibiotic laced), or bay scallop once every week or two, and it's a large long tent. Anything else food wise it will grab from fish feedings.

OP
OP
xnaz

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DO NOT DIP THEM!!!!

Phew, got that off my chest LOL

THis is all that you need to do. Float them - While you float them, drip acclimate them for 2 hours

Dont expect them it to get all plump immediately after bringing it home. It might take a day or 2. If you are able to ramp your lights down, and possibly use an acclimation mode, that would be best!

Just my 2 cents :)
LOL I won’t, got it float and then drip them got it thanks.

BigD9.5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then nem will move to his likings, if its too much for him her will go down further into the tank or under a rock and vice ve

Then nem will move to his likings, if its too much for him her will go down further into the tank or under a rock and vice versa
It'shard to tell it looks like its shading a little but then its tentacles seem happy

OP
OP
xnaz

xnaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree to read up more but imo definitely no dips. drip acclimate 30min - 1 hr then to transfer to a large cup or bowl with your tank water. wait 30 min to an hour to let it expel the rest of the other tanks water, leaving the cup cliped inside the tank to keep tank temp. than your good to scoop it out and transfer.
Yeah I should have done more research. That’s on me I usually do hour upon hours of research on corals but I just fell in to the hype of an anemone during a live sale. But thanks for the info.

Research Monkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I should have done more research. That’s on me I usually do hour upon hours of research on corals but I just fell in to the hype of an anemone during a live sale. But thanks for the info.

I was about to pull the trigger on one of those during the live sale. I'm an hour and a half away from them so spending $36-$45 on one of them was really enticing haha. Congrats on the purchase.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back