My first Anemone

ConvertedSalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my first anemone. It's an RBTA. It didn't want to let to let go of the shipping cup, so I just sat it semi upside down and let it come out on it's own. It settled in a spot and has only slightly moved/ readjusted since. It's only been 4 days now, does everything look okay? This is my first anemone.

20211202_132502.jpg
20211202_161340.jpg
20211204_191836.jpg
20211204_192434.jpg
20211204_191513.jpg

OP
OP
C

ConvertedSalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is good to hear :) I am glad it wandered out of the cup and settled in a good place on its own. I am in awe of this thing. absolutely love it.

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Do you have all filter inputs and powerheads in the tank covered with a some form of protection in case the anemone wanders over them? It's not a case of "if" but "when" a BTA will decide to take a field trip across the tank. If you are lucky this won't happen too often, but I have seen something as simple as say floating bags on the surface (to acclimate new livestock) blocking the light for a couple of hours (or changing the flow in a smaller tank) was enough to set my largest BTA off on a search for a new home.

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PS: You should start a build thread (and then link your avatar badge to it as you see below mine) so as to be able to point the community to basic information about your setup thus making it easier for everyone to answer questions and help you. You would want to include:
tank size and age of setup
equipment (especially lighting, filtration)
type of rock (dry or live)
husbandry: dosing (Alkalinity, Ca, Mg), frequency of water changes, type of salt
Any recent tests for Nitrate, Phosphate, Alk, Calcium, Magnesium, salinity, temperature
All livestock.

OP
OP
C

ConvertedSalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will probably try to do that at some point. This being my first saltwater tank and me being a freshwater nerd for almost 3 decades, I still have about 40 freshwater tanks to manage as well.

I did a water change the day after I posted this, and the little bugger moved that night. Not far though, but to the back side of the tank where I can't see it as well. You called that one.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back