MY FIRST CORAL FROGSPAWN. HELP!

tiffalicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my first frogspawn about almost a month ago. It was going great all lengthy seemed extremely happy. I plan on getting a new light so I am saving up for it. But as of recent it has started to look like this
image.jpg

It still has its color. My tank is also cloudy I did do a recent water change but checked the parameters and my other fish seem to be thriving. I am just worried about my coral because I am about to go 2 new coral and I would like for them to be thriving and not surviving. If anyone can help out I would gladly appreciate it! :)

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my first frogspawn about almost a month ago. It was going great all lengthy seemed extremely happy. I plan on getting a new light so I am saving up for it. But as of recent it has started to look like this
image.jpg

It still has its color. My tank is also cloudy I did do a recent water change but checked the parameters and my other fish seem to be thriving. I am just worried about my coral because I am about to go 2 new coral and I would like for them to be thriving and not surviving. If anyone can help out I would gladly appreciate it! :)
You likely already know when you say you plan on getting a new light. If your light is inadequate AND it’s also on the floor of the tank as far from the light as possible, then it’s likely to not survive. These creatures need intense lighting. There’s really no way around that. Best chance aside from getting a new light is gluing this frag to the top of your rocks.

Can help more if you give more details.

What light?
Water chemistry numbers ?

Last edited:

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also can’t help but notice that pure white Rick in the background. I’m venturing tank is less than 30 days old?

You need to realize that corals need stability not just no ammonia or the right calcium. New tanks are generally unstable and can have swings in chemistry some of which, many of which go un noticed.

Coral can do ok in a tank with some parameters off but the water is stable as nd not changing.

Try taking your water chemistry morning after lights on. Afternoon and night an hour or two after lights off.

Let us know that and the light and the age of the tank and we can give more solid advice.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch light, moderate at about 150 par with moderate flow. Frogspawn same par low/ moderate flow. I agree about getting it off the sandbed. Waiting on parameters.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back