attiland

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have had one of these for about a year of off and on use. It is now running in my new tank with a Nero 3. Mine is the MLW 5. My only complaint is you can only have 2 programs a day. If they can’t do unlimited at least give more than 2. Being able to change it to 4 programs a day would have been plenty.
I think it is yet an another restriction makes no sense.
I just wish there would be a way submitting suggestions to them to modify their design of the app. Currently their website still have no information about the MLW line let alone the app.

Lazy's Coral House

Karen00

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I looked on ebay, aliexpress, and Amazon. The Jebao MOW is significantly more expensive than the coralbox qps and the Jebao SOW. I like the "OW" models as they swivel. About $60can more if I go MOW.
Do you know what the differences are between the MOW and MLW models? I thought maybe only one had the app but I see both of them feature this. Is the only difference that the MOW swivels. I like this feature as well so would buy this over a non-swivel type. For example the specs on the MOW-3 look exactly the same as MLW-5 other than the shape of the powerhead. Are there other differences?

OP
attiland

attiland

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Do you know what the differences are between the MOW and MLW models? I thought maybe only one had the app but I see both of them feature this. Is the only difference that the MOW swivels. I like this feature as well so would buy this over a non-swivel type. For example the specs on the MOW-3 look exactly the same as MLW-5 other than the shape of the powerhead. Are there other differences?
The shape is different and LCD controls are MLW feature only
A52122F1-A796-4F53-B17E-C78154A0BE0B.jpeg
0289CC2D-47EE-4E9E-BCDE-A54B2C1A65C4.jpeg

OP
attiland

attiland

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Can’t you create a program with how many ever modes as you want? I could on the SLW20M.

BCC229CF-1955-42B2-9A22-F9021D2651F1.png
I couldn’t at first but I am not intended to use timers.
I only had this issue when set it to master

AS

ColoredRock

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I find the intellectual property (IP) rights argument interesting. If Jebao or any other china manufacturer wanted to go big or go home and replicate the echotech mp40 I could understand that argument.

iamahab

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I own a swl wave maker. I was unaware of any ip theft but was surprised to see how much it resembled the nero3. My hygger mini crapped the bed and I needed a small wave maker asap. I can't recall why I went with jebao (maybe because the hygger stopped working after 5 months) but it has done well so far.I won't drone on about it's flaws, it is what it is for that price point. I might rethink supporting them in the future but for now I'll worry about supporting my tank

jamesdomini4

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
no it only lets me put 2 modes per 24hr. yours showed you have 4 modes running in a 24hr time
Yes, it is 4 different modes during a 24 hour cycle. It is actually split into 5 segments. I did not encounter any limits while setting it up. I can try to walk you through it if you could dm me.

OP
attiland

attiland

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
What do you mean the LCD controls are MLW only? I see an LCD featured with the MOW series. Is there something specific on the MLW LCD?
Sorry my bad. Both has display on its controller.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
AI Hydra

Have you ever torn down a tank over an issue you couldn't seem to beat?

• Yes! I have. (Tell us about what issue you faced in the thread.)

Votes: 176 24.2%
  • No. Thankfully, I haven't.

Votes: 376 51.7%
  • Nope, but it almost happened. (Share your experience in the thread.)

Votes: 53 7.3%
  • Not yet, but I'm almost there. (Tell us what you're dealing with.)

Votes: 61 8.4%
  • If you reef long enough, this will eventually happen to you.

Votes: 47 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 14 1.9%