My gf did it again.

Suesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I see the ceramic fragments, did you buy it with those or did you buy them sepratly ? mine doesnt have the bottom section but it looks like the overall lenght is about the same...
The only thing I dont like though is they are huge for my nanos ! haha
I will say mine are huge I have a 75 gallon but they do make smaller and yes the ceramic balls came with it I have 2 units in mine. Also comes with extra sponges and extra media.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine in a cryptic fuge.

20191027_201035.jpg
Beautiful, comrade

Suesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful, comrade
Why thank you so much I really like this site. AM new to the site been a member a while but haven't commented or chimed in a lot I've been at this hobby for a long time but my advice is not expert I only know that it works for me thanks for the comment.

Suesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say mine are huge I have a 75 gallon but they do make smaller and yes the ceramic balls came with it I have 2 units in mine. Also comes with extra sponges and extra media.
I am hardly have to do any maintenance to this tank I have had this same occupants for years and years my purple tang is like 6" if he would hold still I'd take a picture. I Did have a yellow tank but he passed and I think it was because maybe he was old when I got him who's at least 10" or maybe my tank was too small I really don't know he was find the day before the next day he was sick and then he passed like A-day later there was no trying to put him in another tank find out lose wrong with him and he also was the one that climbed in my hand not the 1 on YouTube I think that's a fake But then again who my a judge I think I probably overstock my tank but I feel like I'm at the pound and if I don't buy them somebody will and won't know what to do with them and then O my God they die but with me a least they have like at least 6 years or more tank life

OP
OP
anon9896

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hardly have to do any maintenance to this tank I have had this same occupants for years and years my purple tang is like 6" if he would hold still I'd take a picture. I Did have a yellow tank but he passed and I think it was because maybe he was old when I got him who's at least 10" or maybe my tank was too small I really don't know he was find the day before the next day he was sick and then he passed like A-day later there was no trying to put him in another tank find out lose wrong with him and he also was the one that climbed in my hand not the 1 on YouTube I think that's a fake But then again who my a judge I think I probably overstock my tank but I feel like I'm at the pound and if I don't buy them somebody will and won't know what to do with them and then O my God they die but with me a least they have like at least 6 years or more tank life
Many of the easy to breed fishes have health issues, don't feel ashamed for that.
They have tiny heart and sometimes not much can get rid of them sorry for your loss :(
I had 2 clownfish, both came from the same place, I had them for a long time , not a stress was added to the reef ... it was in fact the dominant one.... one day he just died. I have no clue what hapenned. I found him white solid in a corner....

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple things based on what I read, from various scientific articles and a little personal experience.

The only sponge that's filtering water is a healthy sponge (a dying or dead sponge will pollute water)...
Sponges consume from sub micron to maybe 10 micron (species dependent)
Nanno. algae are about 2 microns, some sponges can eat it.
Some sponges are calcified, some are not.
Sponges don't like high phosphate (I read this in a study)
Sponges don't like salinity swings or low salinity (experience + read this)
Sponges need some silica to grow/repair/regenerate
Some sponges will " shut down " for a few weeks to consume the food they caught, and then reopen after

Just some random thoughts...

Suesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many of the easy to breed fishes have health issues, don't feel ashamed for that.
They have tiny heart and sometimes not much can get rid of them sorry for your loss :(
I had 2 clownfish, both came from the same place, I had them for a long time , not a stress was added to the reef ... it was in fact the dominant one.... one day he just died. I have no clue what hapenned. I found him white solid in a corner....
Thank you. I'm hope I'm getting this right but congrats on your engagement right? Also I hope that my advice helped a little but I really only dose with 2 products and that's it and then I feed my corals, feed my fish and that's it. I hardly have to do any maintenance I hope this really helps I hope you can help me now. How do you make a profi

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple things based on what I read, from various scientific articles and a little personal experience.

The only sponge that's filtering water is a healthy sponge (a dying or dead sponge will pollute water)...
Sponges consume from sub micron to maybe 10 micron (species dependent)
Nanno. algae are about 2 microns, some sponges can eat it.
Some sponges are calcified, some are not.
Sponges don't like high phosphate (I read this in a study)
Sponges don't like salinity swings or low salinity (experience + read this)
Sponges need some silica to grow/repair/regenerate
Some sponges will " shut down " for a few weeks to consume the food they caught, and then reopen after

Just some random thoughts...
I have a breadcrumb sponge, any info, you may have, comrade

OP
OP
anon9896

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well
Thank you. I'm hope I'm getting this right but congrats on your engagement right? Also I hope that my advice helped a little but I really only dose with 2 products and that's it and then I feed my corals, feed my fish and that's it. I hardly have to do any maintenance I hope this really helps I hope you can help me now. How do you make a profi
In my opinion, every bits of information/experience is crucial when it comes to reefkeeping.
Especially something not well documented like sponges. Thank you very much for everything !!!
As for the profil I really don't know how to even see someones profil... I did post a new thread on the forum detailing my DSB tank.
When I figure out how the profil works I will simply add the information there (if such a thing exists).

Suesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well

In my opinion, every bits of information/experience is crucial when it comes to reefkeeping.
Especially something not well documented like sponges. Thank you very much for everything !!!
As for the profil I really don't know how to even see someones profil... I did post a new thread on the forum detailing my DSB tank.
When I figure out how the profil works I will simply add the information there (if such a thing exists).
Omg tank you very much. Also I am do for my Every 6 monthly. Have any questions you can ask me IM so low meanness I follow people on a YouTube I just started like 12 years ago, in this hobby Maybe more because my kids are 29 and 30 now and I started when they were 5 years old and there were an abundance of things like the Internet or anything to go to.

Suesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg tank you very much. Also I am do for my Every 6 monthly. Have any questions you can ask me IM so low meanness I follow people on a YouTube I just started like 12 years ago, in this hobby Maybe more because my kids are 29 and 30 now and I started when they were 5 years old and there were an abundance of things like the Internet or anything to go to.
* internet stuff.

Back