OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been 31 days without an update there Rick....

Yer slackin man.

I have been slacking ;Hilarious
5ED8769C-E1A1-4EB2-8FD3-FE7E742973DA.jpeg
9CB283F8-1F1E-4168-910C-D88BABE3D558.jpeg
6A499830-2519-415B-8DB6-C1567DD30E4C.jpeg
73C73CD9-FC35-4BD2-886B-8AFD1CF96264.jpeg
86B052DE-E41F-4DD9-B572-B55B4BC7F98D.jpeg

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks awful.
How can you stand to have such a blah coral as the centerpiece of your otherwise beautiful tank?
My offer to take that boring colony off your hands and free up some space still stands.

But I'm not gonna wait around forever for you to decide like some little jealous girlfriend either...so figger it out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks awful.
How can you stand to have such a blah coral as the centerpiece of your otherwise beautiful tank?
My offer to take that boring colony off your hands and free up some space still stands.

Such an overrated coral, I should save you the trouble and just throw it in a bucket to be recycled in the calcium reactor! ;)

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be worried the ugly would come right off the skeleton and infect the other gorgeous corals in your tank.
Best just to send it away.
Far away.
Like to Missouri or something.

Also, if you're going to continue posting ugly coral pics like that, can you at least throw in some Dog pics so we've got something cool to look at occasionally?

I mean serious, think of the children.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be worried the ugly would come right off the skeleton and infect the other gorgeous corals in your tank.
Best just to send it away.
Far away.
Like to Missouri or something.

Also, if you're going to continue posting ugly coral pics like that, can you at least throw in some Dog pics so we've got something cool to look at occasionally?

I mean serious, think of the children.

It’s funny you mention that, I was just busy posting dog pictures in the “Stranger Danger! Do you let people in your house” thread... no because Clyde will eat them... or parts of them LOL

U

User1

View Badges
Beware of the Maligator
B9327E91-2035-4A4D-88A7-777288F6DA70.jpeg

Lol - I was going to reply in that thread and thought better of it. I do think it is an interesting question raised in today's world. Lots of online friendships and hobbies sort of lend to these questions. How do you work through these issues safely for all male or female. Sort of like selling off craigs list or frags.

I try and be respectful of a few I've met be it online gaming or saltwater reefs. Meet for coffee and if you hit it off or want to do business then it is easy from there. Our GSD is our first line of defence anyway and takes the secondary decisions out of our hands. We love dogs and any size is always a first warning, right?

Beautiful tank. Beautiful dog.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gratuitous Chili Cheeseburger photos :p
075965A5-C219-47F5-BE60-4DC34108B8C8.jpeg
908889BA-1E95-4345-81E3-14842482B4D0.jpeg
Colby-Jack over American? Bold choice.

I see you're in Lakeland. Do you have a favorite burger place? I'm originally from Tampa and really haven't found anything good. I love to peruse Yelp for new places when I visit but kind of starting to think it's just not a great food area.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol - I was going to reply in that thread and thought better of it. I do think it is an interesting question raised in today's world. Lots of online friendships and hobbies sort of lend to these questions. How do you work through these issues safely for all male or female. Sort of like selling off craigs list or frags.

I try and be respectful of a few I've met be it online gaming or saltwater reefs. Meet for coffee and if you hit it off or want to do business then it is easy from there. Our GSD is our first line of defence anyway and takes the secondary decisions out of our hands. We love dogs and any size is always a first warning, right?

Beautiful tank. Beautiful dog.

Thank you very much! He’s full of personality. I’m definitely not the most sociable of people over the last several years for various reasons, I’m pretty much a recluse and a loner LOL. I do enjoy meeting and chatting with new people in neutral territory but my home is definitely my space (well Clyde’s space LOL). I’ve always valued my solitude so as I’ve gotten older I just fallen further and further into that. The current situation has just made it more acceptable for me to retreat further under my rock and not worry about what other people are doing or think about it. Reef2Reef is wonderful escape for me to share and socialize with people of similar interests so it’s become a way for me to be active in a community I care about and socialize at the same time.

Dogs are definitely the best, I’d be terribly lonely without my buddy to keep me company!

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Colby-Jack over American? Bold choice.

I see you're in Lakeland. Do you have a favorite burger place? I'm originally from Tampa and really haven't found anything good. I love to peruse Yelp for new places when I visit but kind of starting to think it's just not a great food area.

The Chop Shop in Lakeland is about the best burger joint I’ve found in Central Florida. There used to be a bar in Brandon that had an awesome burger too, but I can’t remember their name, and I don’t know if they are even still around anymore.

If you want to learn to make a really wicked burger on your own here’s a great place to start... its pretty much how I make burgers now. (honestly since I’ve been making these I’ve got no desire to go get a burger from anywhere).

U

User1

View Badges
The Chop Shop in Lakeland is about the best burger joint I’ve found in Central Florida. There used to be a bar in Brandon that had an awesome burger too, but I can’t remember their name, and I don’t know if they are even still around anymore.

If you want to learn to make a really wicked burger on your own here’s a great place to start... its pretty much how I make burgers now. (honestly since I’ve been making these I’ve got no desire to go get a burger from anywhere).

Thank you for posting the video. Checking it out!

U

User1

View Badges
Thank you very much! He’s full of personality. I’m definitely not the most sociable of people over the last several years for various reasons, I’m pretty much a recluse and a loner LOL. I do enjoy meeting and chatting with new people in neutral territory but my home is definitely my space (well Clyde’s space LOL). I’ve always valued my solitude so as I’ve gotten older I just fallen further and further into that. The current situation has just made it more acceptable for me to retreat further under my rock and not worry about what other people are doing or think about it. Reef2Reef is wonderful escape for me to share and socialize with people of similar interests so it’s become a way for me to be active in a community I care about and socialize at the same time.

Dogs are definitely the best, I’d be terribly lonely without my buddy to keep me company!

Fully agree and understand. I'm similar in that I am a homebody but married to a very outgoing person. I used to be but since jaded over the years as I age. We work to find common ground which can be a challenge at times.

There is a reason why dogs are a mans best friend :D

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just came across your thread, what beautiful colonies you have! Ill have to save this and read through it on my down time.

All the power to you for having a Mal. I am a crazy person when it comes to researching breeds. That said, I will appreciate Mal’s but I will never own one, so much energy! I have a doberman that is a lot of work in terms of exercise needs. I can live with the fifth smartest breed ;)

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just came across your thread, what beautiful colonies you have! Ill have to save this and read through it on my down time.

All the power to you for having a Mal. I am a crazy person when it comes to researching breeds. That said, I will appreciate Mal’s but I will never own one, so much energy! I have a doberman that is a lot of work in terms of exercise needs. I can live with the fifth smartest breed ;)

Clyde is my second Malinois and I love the breed, but he will likely be my last. He’s an amazing dog but he’s an alpha and it’s been a challenging journey. He can be a lot to handle, he’s a very well behaved, well trained dog and we work well together, but is EXTREMELY territorial and his prey drive is off the charts. He’s a fun dog to play frisbee and ball with though. He’ll catch anything you throw (no matter how badly). He’s definitely a good guard dog, and an excellent friend to have on your side if you need it. But he isn’t friendly to other people outside of family and our Vet and that’s hard on him and me at times.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back