My new power center with individual on/off switches

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I did not get it wet. I did not hit thst button.

I think the buttons on the unit are just cheap. I ordered a DJ unit and will be tossing this one. I just don’t trust it now.

Hmmm...... I don't know what the issue might be with yours. I've got three Power Play PP-52819HTC units running my two main display tanks, and my quarantine tanks - and I haven't had any issues at all with any of mine. All 3 units have worked perfectly, and I'm happy with their performance so far.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the ADJ PC-100A and it works perfect. I've had it about 9 months with 0 issues so far and I must say that it is the best piece of equipment that I bought for my tank. I purchased it from my local guitar center for $30 plus $5 for an extended warranty in case something happens.
I have a small tank and my wiring may not look pretty, but this power center serves its purpose. I would definitely recommend.
04e48d11a2becfef34f1a641faa2eebc.jpg

Thanks. I ordered one. How did you mount that?

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to mount it vertically because my stand is not wide enough to mount it horizontal. I just used Two long strips of double sided tape. That's it.

I’ll try the dibble side tape. Mine just arrived today. Thanks

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to mount it vertically because my stand is not wide enough to mount it horizontal. I just used Two long strips of double sided tape. That's it.

I’ll try the dibble side tape. Mine just arrived today. Thanks
You guys must get your clownfish from the same breeder ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey crabs can we see how you have yours mounted?
Absolutely :) I modified the brackets that came with it (drilled new holes) so the bracket could go sideways instead of face mounting it.
ZApGagdl.jpg

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is it working out so far? Also, do you use any of the other ports in the back besides the common three prong outlet? Do you know what those other ports are for?

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is it working out so far? Also, do you use any of the other ports in the back besides the common three prong outlet? Do you know what those other ports are for?

This is basically a computer center power hub. So going by the pictures, those other ports are for phone lines, ethernet cable, and a few cable coax ports.

Those cable ports on surge protectors used to cause a lot of problems when I was a cable technician.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I regret to inform you I am no longer using this unit as I got a killer deal on an aquarium controller. But up until then it had still been working great :)

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I ordered one. How did you mount that?
This is the one I have been considering as well. I like its size and the fact that it can be mounted vertically or horizontally. However, I did see some dicey reviews regarding poor soldering on connections that caused some circuits to burn. If I get one, I'll take the back off and make sure the connections solid. If not, I solder them myself.

Bradley Creek Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Ideal, if someone is wanting a free standing solution for power distribution.

There are a good number of reefers, myself included, that have used DJ style rack mount switchable power supplies with good results.

Being able to turn on/off individual components for maintenance is great.

I wish my Reefkeeper PB4's had a physical 'off' switch at each outlet. Yeah, you can thumb through the menus and turn an outlet off, but I generally just unplug the item in question. Say, killing this skimmer to clean the collection cup... you do it all the time, nice to be able to do so without plugging/unplugging components. Especially in a restricted space, like most under tank sump areas are.

I just ordered this guy, should be here by Friday. My only problem now is that I’m just now measuring my space in the reefer 250 sump area and I don’t think this 19in bad boy will fit properly. I may be checking out the tower unit in this post or get (2) 4 power switch units to build into my future control panel. I’d love to see pictures of people’s control boards using these switch boards.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back