My new SPS Tank

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!
I don’t get how you avoided the po4 Leach from the dry rocks ? I asked the question about bleaching earlier which you gratefully replied to. My dry rock leached po4 for ages although I didn’t bleach them

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t get how you avoided the po4 Leach from the dry rocks ? I asked the question about bleaching earlier which you gratefully replied to. My dry rock leached po4 for ages although I didn’t bleach them

Lanthanum Chloride is the answer :)

Roscovitch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Roberto Denadai You mentioned earlier that you used Zeomix. Can you please explain what it achieved for you: when you applied it and when and more importantly why you discontinued its use. Thanks.

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
img-0160-1.jpg

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Roberto Denadai You mentioned earlier that you used Zeomix. Can you please explain what it achieved for you: when you applied it and when and more importantly why you discontinued its use. Thanks.

I used just in the first/two months I think, zeomix helps to keep Nh3 in the low range

Roscovitch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used just in the first/two months I think, zeomix helps to keep Nh3 in the low range
It definitely does @Roberto Denadai and I use it myself although I also find that if I pull it out my nitrates rise quite significantly and like you I like to keep my nitrates down and my PO4 at about 0.03. So how do you maintain such low Nitrates? Did you reinstate the Chaeto or any other action? Thanks bud.

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely does @Roberto Denadai and I use it myself although I also find that if I pull it out my nitrates rise quite significantly and like you I like to keep my nitrates down and my PO4 at about 0.03. So how do you maintain such low Nitrates? Did you reinstate the Chaeto or any other action? Thanks bud.

For no3 I just use seachem matrix and siporax in my sump. No3 is always zero here. Never use chaeto again

Roscovitch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I was so interested in your thread is that we do things in a very similar way. I even saw we have almost the exact same fish in our reefs. The only difference is that my tank is LPS dominant but there are SPS. I also start with chaeto but when it dies I leave the Algae light reactor in place and let it develop its own algaes which it alway does eventually. It’s about that time I’ll slowly remove the Zeomix. However I find that if hardly any natural algae has taken hold in the light reactor my NO3 climbs but then the algae grows and the NO3 falls. I’m about five months into a new 100 gallon. You’ve inspired me to try more SPS in this build. I look forward to your next work of art Roberto. Greetings from Scotland .

Paston1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to do this style on a larger scale. You added coral before fish correct?

any seeding of pods or phyto used early on?
It’s a 5 ft x 5 ft tank.

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give us a in depth step by step guide from start till today on your exact procedure please

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I was so interested in your thread is that we do things in a very similar way. I even saw we have almost the exact same fish in our reefs. The only difference is that my tank is LPS dominant but there are SPS. I also start with chaeto but when it dies I leave the Algae light reactor in place and let it develop its own algaes which it alway does eventually. It’s about that time I’ll slowly remove the Zeomix. However I find that if hardly any natural algae has taken hold in the light reactor my NO3 climbs but then the algae grows and the NO3 falls. I’m about five months into a new 100 gallon. You’ve inspired me to try more SPS in this build. I look forward to your next work of art Roberto. Greetings from Scotland .

That´s nice, hope your tank is doing well

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back