My Reefing Room Begins...

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hit my 1 year sober Birthday today... wow, what a long year... Never thought I would make a year... very cool...
Congrats dude!!!! That’s great news! My 3 year is the 27th!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hit my 1 year sober Birthday today... wow, what a long year... Never thought I would make a year... very cool...
Congrats and much better addiction - REEFING !!!

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24b024203c749175a5136c96e18e04f1.jpg

Ready for summer... So I finally hooked up the skim locker and my chiller... Im officially ready for the warmer weather... Everything is a freaking mess... So hopefully when I ho back to 40hr work weeks I will be able to start organizing all these power supplies and controllers... sheeeesh!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
24b024203c749175a5136c96e18e04f1.jpg

Ready for summer... So I finally hooked up the skim locker and my chiller... Im officially ready for the warmer weather... Everything is a freaking mess... So hopefully when I ho back to 40hr work weeks I will be able to start organizing all these power supplies and controllers... sheeeesh!!!

Looking past the mess, its coming together. take your time as Nothing goes quick in saltwater.

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking past the mess, its coming together. take your time as Nothing goes quick in saltwater.

Thanks bud... I really appreciate it... basically everything under the tanks is complete... Its taken me awhile, but finally got everything situated... carx finally dialed in... I was a hot mess over that thing, but its true, once your find the right flow through the reactor... it gets much easier to fine tune... I was a drama queen... ohhhh man...

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I just need to study up on how to program the chiller to run correctly using apex... have a few weeks before it starts warming up here... for bow I have it turned off but water flowing through it from the manifold thats being fed from my jebao dcp13000

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to run home from work today... my jebao dcp13000 pump shut off... the power supply took a dump... so now I only had a maxspect gyre xf250 power supply and plugged it into the pump and its working... in the meantime i bought the warranty on the pump so they are sending me a dcp15000 now... I asked for the bigger one and I paid the difference... I have no clue why it blew... Very weird it happened after I hooked up the chiller... gonna suck too cause the 15000 is a bigger pump so Im gonna have to modify the plumbing in the aunp now to make it fit, which really blows... not sure how Im gonna do that yet... Plus, im freaked out about currently running the 13000 on a small power supply... Turned the pump down low so that its not drawing alot of current... just need to make it to friday afternoon... wish me luck

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefing is one addiction to be proud of, ain’t it?

Congrats man.

It is, most definitely, but things that pop up like that power supply taking a dump send me into a frenzy... Hahahahha... Im serious... I need to understand there are things that I cannot control, but then again, thats not very easy for me to understand... hahahahahha

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is, most definitely, but things that pop up like that power supply taking a dump send me into a frenzy... Hahahahha... Im serious... I need to understand there are things that I cannot control, but then again, thats not very easy for me to understand... hahahahahha

There will always be things out of your control. Just take it one day at a time! [emoji1360]

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning moving the reefer into the fish room here in a couple of weeks... been transfering a couple pieces of liverock over to frag system every week or so... Any tips on moving tanks would be greatly appreciated... I only need to move it about 30ft to the next room over... wanna just have evwrything in one room for simplicity
Havent decided what I wanna do yet... I really wanna ditch the stand and sump and possibly get an aluminum stand made and use my icecap xl36 sump I have lying around... sounds like alot of work... I also still have the xl525 that has a broken bottom right piece of glass on the front... I purchased a new starphire piece if glass for it and have been wanting to fix it and use that instead and sell the xl425... havent decided yet... man, the brain just keeps wanting to do more and more...
I also put the gyre xf230s in the sps tank and have them synced up perfectly. What a workd if difference... everything looks great...

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning moving the reefer into the fish room here in a couple of weeks... been transfering a couple pieces of liverock over to frag system every week or so... Any tips on moving tanks would be greatly appreciated... I only need to move it about 30ft to the next room over... wanna just have evwrything in one room for simplicity
Havent decided what I wanna do yet... I really wanna ditch the stand and sump and possibly get an aluminum stand made and use my icecap xl36 sump I have lying around... sounds like alot of work... I also still have the xl525 that has a broken bottom right piece of glass on the front... I purchased a new starphire piece if glass for it and have been wanting to fix it and use that instead and sell the xl425... havent decided yet... man, the brain just keeps wanting to do more and more...
I also put the gyre xf230s in the sps tank and have them synced up perfectly. What a workd if difference... everything looks great...
Tell me about your gyre program. My new one seems better for sps but I’m still not having great success with it. I have 3 pulse .6 second ramp up at 70% then delayed on the other side to get a good slosh going. 24/7

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me about your gyre program. My new one seems better for sps but I’m still not having great success with it. I have 3 pulse .6 second ramp up at 70% then delayed on the other side to get a good slosh going. 24/7

c69ee0d5716abf0a9588ca823c042b7f.jpg
c7aec57f9fcbf277f85522789a3fc444.jpg
a113897b70936fdd67554c28680c4da0.jpg

Have it written down... hahahaha! Ive had it since I started... i bumped all numbers up 10% and also your gonna have to monkey around with the second intervals to get that nice synchronized wave going on in the tank... then there are a few hours where each pump solely runs at full only one pump at a time to clear out detritus and poo from both sides... Originally used @pelphrey program and just modified the numbers a bit to match tank flow I want... Been using it since I started back in hobby

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only issue Im having now is my overflow handling the different wave patterns throught the day... cane home today with overflow almost above the weirs... gonna have to monkey around with gate valve and find that spot where it raises and lowers at safe range in overflow. The overflow I have is super scary... its just one 1.5” drain, no emergency drain... so Ive had my live cam over it watching it like a hawk...

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c69ee0d5716abf0a9588ca823c042b7f.jpg
c7aec57f9fcbf277f85522789a3fc444.jpg
a113897b70936fdd67554c28680c4da0.jpg

Have it written down... hahahaha! Ive had it since I started... i bumped all numbers up 10% and also your gonna have to monkey around with the second intervals to get that nice synchronized wave going on in the tank... then there are a few hours where each pump solely runs at full only one pump at a time to clear out detritus and poo from both sides... Originally used @pelphrey program and just modified the numbers a bit to match tank flow I want... Been using it since I started back in hobby
Awesome! So similar, just more variety. I’ll give it a shot !

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only issue Im having now is my overflow handling the different wave patterns throught the day... cane home today with overflow almost above the weirs... gonna have to monkey around with gate valve and find that spot where it raises and lowers at safe range in overflow. The overflow I have is super scary... its just one 1.5” drain, no emergency drain... so Ive had my live cam over it watching it like a hawk...
Oh man I know that feeling. My 90 is single Durso, it’s terrifying, especially now since there’s so much ulva in my overflow idk how clogged the drain actually is or if it’s getting close to getting clogged. The water does seem to rise much higher than it use to. I also have a cleaner wrasse back there I haven’t been able to get out. I’ve been trying for over a month :confused:

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man I know that feeling. My 90 is single Durso, it’s terrifying, especially now since there’s so much ulva in my overflow idk how clogged the drain actually is or if it’s getting close to getting clogged. The water does seem to rise much higher than it use to. I also have a cleaner wrasse back there I haven’t been able to get out. I’ve been trying for over a month :confused:

Yeah... it definitely blows... probably the worst thing I have setup on system... wish I could fix it, but there is no room in that corner overflow... thinking about putting a tee on it and making a high and low pipe on the same drain... not sure that will help at all, but it will still drain water if the lower one clogs up... or its just a pipedream I just thought up... lol

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah... it definitely blows... probably the worst thing I have setup on system... wish I could fix it, but there is no room in that corner overflow... thinking about putting a tee on it and making a high and low pipe on the same drain... not sure that will help at all, but it will still drain water if the lower one clogs up... or its just a pipedream I just thought up... lol
I like it, but if I snail goes down one of the pipes into the drain, makes friends with another snail, then a ball of chaeto fly’s down, you could have a big problem. Lol. One of my many reef tank related reoccurring nightmares lol :(

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also need to get rid of some macros here quick... so if anyone local is interested, let me know... Its full of great stuff

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Back