My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For about a decade I've called myself a cavalier and lazy reefer. When I'm wanting an organic look, I have to take an organic approach! I have a rough outline in my head of what I'm looking for, and try to aquire rock that will fit that, but then I'm like Tom Cruise in Minority Report. It's just instead of those gloves and the sleek glass screens, it's rocks in my hands in front of a glass tank, with this playing in the background:

I don't know that I'd call my approach organic or an organic look. But that's a great way to scape, certainly makes things easier to get the look you want when you come at it with a more flexible mindset.

This is an interesting photo, because it's so jam packed, you really cant tell what end is what if you stare at it long enough.

I do enjoy @najer's "Hot mess" approach :p It seems like there's always something new to discover in his tank when you look at it from every angle.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the update for the rocks. Let's go cookie!

That's Flipper to you camera man!

And just laid out what rocks I have right now for the shelf, pretty happy now. Will need a bunch of cement and obviously a few more pieces of rock but it's getting there. The main center pieces will be somewhat "Floating" coming off a rock wall on the back of the tank (Bottom of picture).
20200430_193120.jpg

A certain gracious member has offered to send me 35 pounds more of the shelf rock he has laying around for the cost of shipping which is beyond amazing!!! And I'm REALLY excited about that. Over the next week I will be finishing the fish nook, it will be getting wainscoting and a fresh coat of paint. No floor yet though as we are holding off for now :(

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright it's been a little longer than 11 days but FINALLY passed the rough in electrical inspection and am now knee deep in plywood after wrapping up the insulation and poly wonderfulness
20200603_142809.jpg

Hoping to have all the plywood done today and start drywall tomorrow!

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you hide a fake skeleton in the wall for giggles?
I have actually done that, a couple of times, maybe more ;Hilarious. Left a note and pencil in one of the hands too. Most said something along the lines of "Please tell my wife and kids I love them"...a couple that said "I am Jimmy Hoffa". Might be a couple of driveways with skeletons in them too :eek:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back