My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started playing around with some sand and rocks now I have all the locline in :)

20200607_181202.jpg

20200607_181231.jpg

Looking good!!:cool:
How about a top down shot ;Smuggrin

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good!!:cool:
How about a top down shot ;Smuggrin

Alright a quick top shot just for you...
Screenshot_20200607-213643_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200607-213703_Gallery.jpg

20200607_210646.jpg

I've left it as is for the night. Probably look things over again tomorrow with a fresh, less angry set of eyes. Man that Premium shelf rock does NOT like being drilled. :confused:

Also Stone Fix by Aquaforest certainly has a steep learning curve. The stuff if mixed a touch on the dry side, starts to harden in about 3 minutes lol Not fun to work with at the beginning but I think I'm getting the hang of it now

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright a quick top shot just for you...
Screenshot_20200607-213643_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200607-213703_Gallery.jpg

20200607_210646.jpg

I've left it as is for the night. Probably look things over again tomorrow with a fresh, less angry set of eyes. Man that Premium shelf rock does NOT like being drilled. :confused:

Also Stone Fix by Aquaforest certainly has a steep learning curve. The stuff if mixed a touch on the dry side, starts to harden in about 3 minutes lol Not fun to work with at the beginning but I think I'm getting the hang of it now
I haven't played with the stone fix,but I was having the same issue with the hydraulic cement I used on my rocks. A little dry and it hardened before I could use it...a little wet and it would slide off...then it would harden before I could put it back where I wanted it.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't played with the stone fix,but I was having the same issue with the hydraulic cement I used on my rocks. A little dry and it hardened before I could use it...a little wet and it would slide off...then it would harden before I could put it back where I wanted it.

Well StoneFix is basically Hydraulic Cement so definitely similar issues. I've been mixing small batches on the wet side in ziploc bags, cutting the tip off the bag and using it to pipe the cement. Works really well aside from using a ton of ziploc bags lol

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is really starting to become real and it is very sessy, I love the idea of the flow. :)

It is FINALLY :D:D and thank you! I know I mentioned it long ago but there are two closed loop pumps and each one feeds two outlets in a staggered pattern highlighted below. The blue circle represents most likely a MP 40 in the future. Each 1" outlet is split into two 3/4"outlets as you can see, once it's full I'll be playing around with nozzle selection to see what works best for flow.
Screenshot_20200608-103026_Samsung Internet.jpg

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well StoneFix is basically Hydraulic Cement so definitely similar issues. I've been mixing small batches on the wet side in ziploc bags, cutting the tip off the bag and using it to pipe the cement. Works really well aside from using a ton of ziploc bags lol
I used a silicone icing bag off amazon when I did my rocks.

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a bad idea atall... for next time :p @Scratch08 might still be able to roll with that idea though
My rocks are done, with the exception of the live rock I'm going to order in a few weeks to seed the tank with. Since the majority of it will go in my sump, I don't think I'll need to cement any of it ;)

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rocks are done, with the exception of the live rock I'm going to order in a few weeks to seed the tank with. Since the majority of it will go in my sump, I don't think I'll need to cement any of it ;)

Ahhh for some reason I thought I might be slightly ahead of you for once :p

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who cares about the DT! What is going on with that sump?! What is on the front of it? I am in love!

Been quite some time but here's a link to some better pictures of it when it first came in :) Just some fun graphics and a little lighting :p

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back