My Tek 16 - 72" T5 MOD / Build

  • Thread starter Thread starter The-Russ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

The-Russ

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2014
Messages
116
Reaction score
28
Location
Atlanta
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I did

I built a frame using material from a previous light.

e9cd6ba489a64c053881a0fd2c50ba07.jpg


5926d7e71e7da56e21aa5c3f3b455706.jpg


I cut the non power Tek 8 - 48 lights down to accept 36" bulbs (they were already retired to use Icecap ballasts).

cb6c92b5dd7546edad7f21ed74fd1347.jpg


I riveted the lights together then riveted them to the frame.

5d54d90d2b9b25955df8c24b53b263e6.jpg


I installed the bulbs and slid them into my canopy. The lights are powered by 4 icecap ballasts screwed to the back of the canopy.

85f6f6711c71608e04798f948daf5ff7.jpg


The finished product.

Am / PmLights

ed594839154bdc92dcc8ec8a7dcdd8d6.jpg


Daytime lights

15f9385457b5b507bfb582cd9fdf6ed2.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new