My two Clams

Mrs. Herbert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2017
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
3,041
Location
Northern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I wanted to share my two clams we have in our 75 gallon reef tank. I bought the first one about a couple months ago and yesterday, I picked up another. I like the fact clams are filter feeders and I find them interesting. The first claim is sitting on a flat piece of rock, my diamon globy loves to move sand around the clam. The second one is on a small rock also.

IMG_7494.JPG

IMG_7492.JPG
 
Nice!!! I haven’t had the nerve to try clams yet. Had a few tiny ones come in on rocks as well as scallops but the trigger I had make a fast meal out of them. Now the trigger is gone so may. E it time to try one of those beauties!
 
Nice!!! I haven’t had the nerve to try clams yet. Had a few tiny ones come in on rocks as well as scallops but the trigger I had make a fast meal out of them. Now the trigger is gone so may. E it time to try one of those beauties!
I did a lot of research before I bought one. The going price here in California for $159.99. I have heard the little ones are difficult to keep, so I opted for a bigger one.
 
Beautimus Whisperss! Just absolute beautiful for sure. Good choice of sizing as well. Don't ya just love clams?

Thanks for sharing.

This was my 5-inch maxima (it attached to a small shelf piece below sand level)which grew pretty quick but got too large 6 1/2 inches so I put it in one of my children's 180g about 7 or 8 months ago. Sorry about the lighting.

The snails went to cleaning it within an hour after intro cleaning the shell. <3

16649286_10211794065589885_7286162601380188128_n.jpg


16649431_10211835537546658_6333950086143249072_n.jpg


16997657_10211881144726809_8472242988678696986_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
I cant seem to keep them alive, so i dont try anymore :(
 
I cant seem to keep them alive, so i dont try anymore :(
Clams can be tough sometimes. If you try again then start a thread and we would love to help you. Clams are my favorite reef animal.
 
Beautimus Whisperss! Just absolute beautiful for sure. Good choice of sizing as well. Don't ya just love clams?

Thanks for sharing.

This was my 5-inch maxima (it attached to a small shelf piece below sand level)which grew pretty quick but got too large 6 1/2 inches so I put it in one of my children's 180g about 7 or 8 months ago. Sorry about the lighting.

The snails went to cleaning it within an hour after intro cleaning the shell. <3

16649286_10211794065589885_7286162601380188128_n.jpg


16649431_10211835537546658_6333950086143249072_n.jpg


16997657_10211881144726809_8472242988678696986_n.jpg
Thank you so much! I took the pictures with my iPhone and no filter. I think clams are awesome and like the natural filter fact.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new