IMG_5330.jpg

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful dwarf!

I have a redish one and it's one of the coolest fish I've ever owned. Good find!

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think those fish are so neat!

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How bad is there sting? Lastly breaker do you have him in your reef?

OP
OP
Breakin Newz

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all!

I really want one but my kids absolutely love my tanks and im afraid they will stick there hands in. :(

Yea I would not risk it with kids, they even might be allergic to there sting which could be deadly if they were to get stung....

How bad is there sting? Lastly breaker do you have him in your reef?

They are "reefsafe" in that they will not eat/nip any corals, just might go after shrimp and small fish...
He is currently in my frag tank because I am working him off live food....

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want one but my kids absolutely love my tanks and im afraid they will stick there hands in. :(

The sting is supposed to be similar to a bee sting.

The fish really don't go after you to sting you and they also don't want to get so close to touch...although they can get tame like a clown and try to eat from your hands if you feed like that.

I have one in my frag tank and it may come very close to my hands while I'm fragging but it never gets too close...if I make a sudden move to reach for it, it will turn downwards and point its venomous fins in my direction and wave them but it doesn't do anything more than warn me that they're there.

OP
OP
Breakin Newz

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering, has anyone here been stung? If so share your story!

Some guy wrote that he got stung threw his coralife PVC reinforced gloves, now thats pretty scary ! lol :tongue:

ReefCAKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want one really bad but all I ever see is the red ones where did yours come from?

OP
OP
Breakin Newz

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want one really bad but all I ever see is the red ones where did yours come from?

Yea, yellow is really rare I have never seen one ever in person first time I did and I had to get it.. They do not come around often as they are only found in 1 specific area....

OP
OP
Breakin Newz

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost got hit by him just now, was dosing something and my dropper fell in the tank so stuck my hand in to get it and of course he was right underneath me! Probably an inch away from my hand! aaaah!! The lights were off btw! :cry:

jordan3548

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy got stung by a 9 inch plus Lion Fish and I can guarantee you its worse than a bee sting lol. His hand was about triple in size for a week and was very sick vomiting and stuff. Although they wont kill you it will do a number on you lol. And as for them not chasing you I guess it depends on each individual because the one that stung my friend would follow you through the tank and pretend its not doing anything than bam your stung

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy got stung by a 9 inch plus Lion Fish and I can guarantee you its worse than a bee sting lol. His hand was about triple in size for a week and was very sick vomiting and stuff. Although they wont kill you it will do a number on you lol. And as for them not chasing you I guess it depends on each individual because the one that stung my friend would follow you through the tank and pretend its not doing anything than bam your stung

Right, but that's not a dwarf fuzzy's sting.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back