Mystery just showed up

ThunderGoose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2016
Messages
938
Reaction score
1,176
Location
Beverly, Mass
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas? The shell was clean when I put it in a few days ago and I just noticed this today. I did have some feather dusters on live rock which I haven't seen for a while. This was taken through my microscope - the white part is the clean shell. Total size is 0.5 cm.

unknown jan 18 2017.jpg


Thanks.
 
That was fast!

Well, ratslfrats. I guess I got my first "pest" species. The live rock has been there for weeks, could they have been eggs on it?

I just got my first corals over the weekend and I dipped them before putting them in. Does did not work on these guys? Did I use the wrong dip?

At least I spotted it before they became a problem. Thanks!
 
yup vermitid
I just pick them off as I find them....needs a bit of elbow grease though lol
If its on a snail I wouldnt worry about it...honestly, I only ever worry when theyre on a frag plug or I see an irritated coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new