Mystery worm

0verworkedworker

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody I was hoping for some help in identifying these worms in my tank. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it! This is the best picture I could get. The worm seems to have a white dot near its neck and a white dot on its tail.

IMG_3498.jpeg IMG_3499.jpeg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

You can tell it's a polychaete (bristle worm) of some variety, and the white spotting with the tapering body shape is rather unique, but, yeah, some closer up shots (particularly of the head and chaetae - the bristles) would likely be needed for an ID here.

Do these worms have tentacles on their heads, and - if so - how many?
 
These are some better photos I could take of the underside while it was climbing up my glass. Haven’t been able to get any better ones of the head.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3533.jpeg
    IMG_3533.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3528.jpeg
    IMG_3528.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 81
I googled this and they seem to look like it! They pose no harm from the 2mins of googling I’ve done so far but please do correct me if I’m wrong!
Harmless, they are detrivores and fish will gobble up what dorvi they see.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new